What once was is now gone

Começar do início

It seems Jaune would find out

—————

This had to be the dumbest thing he had been assigned to do in awhile. Sure he was all for saving the world from outside forces and itself, but this was above him. He was the deceiver! Not some dog going to fetch a bone, yet here he was.

With the click of a lighter and a puff of smoke, Roman torchwick walked into the town of dormitory.

The town was quite at this time of night, with a few street lamps being the only thing illuminating Romans way forward. He pulled out his scroll from his dress coat, and checked his objective once again.

He had been tasked by Ozpin and the other members of the society to investigate the Arc case further. They had given him two names of people at the site where the boy committed the murders, and it was time to find out some answers.

At first Roman had suggested they give this job to their newest recruit, Winter schnne, who had been given the role Scout. In Roman's mind the action fit the name, apparently everyone else didn't agree.

Winter, unknown to Roman at the time, was actually recovering from internal burns and extreme electrocution. Thanks to that Arc kid, who somehow escaped the unescapable white space and severely injured the elder Schnne via injection of two electric dust crystals.

Thanks to Roman and his big mouth, he had been sent from his position in Vale by a almost unanimous vote from the society. Roman supposed it also had a large part to do with his semblance, but he was too pissed to think about that.

Roman wasn't even sure how the society functioned with so many aposing personalities within it, personally he hated nearly every member with a passion. But he hated the end of the world more, so he stuck around.

Back to the subject at hand

Ol Jimmy had shared the official report of the event, and it raised more then a few eyebrows. Even Roman himself could tell something was wrong. The report only brought up the fact that the boy was found with the bodies, and a still alive huntsman who he had tied up but unharmed.

Yet the report seemed, incomplete, like someone had tampered with it and removed key facts. For example, a call with one of the members of the arc Family, one Astrid arc, had revealed several inconsistencies.

Astrid had said they found the boy, Jaune was his name, testing the awake huntsman's aura as he read from a book. Yet the official report said that the alive huntsman had been found unconscious and unharmed.

A small inconsistency, even Oz had admitted that, but something worth looking into. On his scroll Two names stood out to Roman on the list, the only two non-arcs at the site.

Angelo Cortez and coral superstues

Roman placed his scroll away and twirled his cane around his hand

It was time to go hunting

————

It was glorious, something right out of a science fiction novel. A black mass of spikes and strange black metal that leaked a blue substance. It was otherworldly, something that no kingdom could replicate, it was alien, it was magnificent.