Chap. 23 - Tension at the family dinner

Start from the beginning

Red Boy kept laughing. He put his hands together again, this time, fire came out of every hole of his face, including his eyes.
"Oh my lord!" (Y/n) exclaimed, stepping back.
"Let's do this!" Monkey dashed towards him.
"Monkey no!"
"Finally, the world will be rid of the Monkey King!" Red boy stood still with a big smile on fire, opening his arms and waiting for his opponent.
Monkey jumped up, attempting to attack him from above. Just then, an aura of fire formed around Red Boy and began to rapidly expand, not letting any time for Monkey to dodge. But just before the flames could burn his entire body...
"Red Boy!!!"
The two demons looked towards the voice as the flames suddenly disappeared. But since Monkey was in mid-air, he and Red Boy clashed and the two of them fell on the ground. As they were pushing each-other away, insulting each-other in the process, (Y/n) looked over to see a beautiful woman walking over to them from the third path. Well, since her hanfu was covering her feet, she looked like she was more hovering over to them. She was wearing a garnement worthy of royalty, with beautiful red jewels in her hair. Despite her colder-than-ice glare, she looked as calm as ever.
"Do not start a scene on my front yard."
"Mom~!" Red Boy whined, mad that she just interrupted him.
"Princess Iron Fan-Mom?!?!?!" Monkey happily said before looking at the young demon in shock.

"Sun Wukong!" the princess, who before was rather far away from them, with a gust of wind, she suddenly embraced him in a tight hug, startling him. "How happy I am to see you my old friend!"
"Old friend?!" Red Boy looked confused.
"You know each-other?" (Y/n) walked over, equally as confused.
"Of course we do!" Monkey smiled, hugging the princess back. "She's my sister-in-law!"
Both (Y/n) and Red Boy looked at each-other and gestured towards the in-laws, as if to silently ask each-other 'did you know about this? 'Cause I didn't!'
"What are you doing here?" Monkey asked as they let go of each-other. "Do you live nearby now?"
"Of course. From here," she pointed at a nearby mountain. "to there," she pointed at another mountain, this time on the horizon. "is our land."
'No wonder she said front yard!' (Y/n) internally yelled in shock.
"Eh," he playfully shrugged. "it's not Flower Fruit Mountain, but hey, good for you guys."
"Thank you. Oh you must join us for dinner!"
She started walking away and he followed her as the two of them started some small talk.

"Wha-Mom!" Red Boy whined again as he and (Y/n) followed behind them. "You're not gonna let this monkey join our family dinner!"
"Oh shush honey," she waved a hand, giving him a brief glance. "I'm sure your father would be delighted to see him."
"Dad would be beyond pissed!"
'How old is he exactly?' (Y/n) thought. 'During the fight, he spoke the same way as the Demon Lord. Now he speaks more like a moody teenager.'
"Oh yeah! Where is that big cow?!" Monkey excitedly looked around.
Just then, the Princess seemed sadder.
"He hasn't been feeling well lately."
"Lately?! It's been decades!"
"I'll explain everything once we get home." she continued, ignoring her son.

Red Boy huffed in anger, smoke and small flames coming out of his nose. Unsettled, (Y/n) picked up the pace to be beside Monkey. She leaned closer and whispered.
"What do you mean 'in-law'? Your brother is a cow?"
"He's the Bull Demon King. When I became King, him and other demon monarchs came to ask me not to kill them." he snickered. "Bunch of losers. Him and I became sworn brothers after that."
"Really? Because according to...his son, it seems to be the opposite."
"Yeah, we're also mortal ennemies. It's kind of our thing." he picked up two rocks as big as watermelons. "We're like this." he said as he crashed them together, breaking them into pieces, and cackled, ignoring (Y/n)'s pale face. "I bet he's ugly now."
She pursued her lips and glanced back at Red Boy, he did not look happy. She quickly looked ahead again when their eyes met.
'Are we really going to have dinner with him? After he just tried to kill us?'

.
They've walked for a while and arrived in the biggest castle (Y/n) has ever seen. She stood there for a few moments, looking at it as its shadow covered her.
"...Hurry up!" Red Boy exclaimed.
She yelped and flinched, now noticing that Monkey and Princess Iron Fan were going inside, too busy chatting with each-other to notice her. She rushed ahead.
'Wait,' she glanced behind her, the young demon following her (though he was simply walking). 'why didn't he just go with them? Was he...waiting for me?'
She lightly shook her head.
'I may just be overthinking this.'
Once inside, (Y/n) was once again speechless by the grandness of the place, it was close to the Heavenly Palace (though with way less white and jade and more black, red and gold). Fortunately, this time, she didn't forget to walk.