Chapter 11

Adrien could hear the rain hitting up against the bedroom windows. In a few minutes Marinette's alarm would ring and she would have to leave him to go into work. For a few more minutes though, he could be selfish, relishing in the warmth of her body curled up into his.

Ever since Marinette revealed herself to him to be Ladybug, and all secrets had been shared, Adrien had never felt closer to the woman secure in his embrace. They had been sharing his bed before then, but now it came with bedtime kisses, and Adrien was convinced it was the magic of her lips that had chased his nightmares away.

Softly he ran his fingers through her hair, and ghosted his lips across her forehead as she rested her head on his chest, her hand lightly gripping his shirt as she slept. He knew he loved her before but knowing that his Ladybug was also Marinette only increased his love for her tenfold. This was no longer an unattainable dream, but reality. There would be no more blue roses for his Lady, only the deepest of red to show her how much he loved her, how much he had always loved her. He pressed a light kiss to her forehead, hearing her breathing change as consciousness came to her. Marinette flitted her eyes open, looking up to him with a sleepy smile across her lips, her happiness shining in her eyes and melting his heart.

"Morning Kitty." She murmured, cupping his face and reaching up to kiss his cheek softly.

"Good morning Princess. I didn't mean to wake you." He said, only sounding half apologetic.

"I'd rather you than my alarm any day." She replied, rolling more towards him. She raised herself slightly over his chest so she could look at him, running her finger over the patterns on his shirt. "I don't want to have to go to work. I'd rather stay here with you."

There was something in the way Adrien looked at her that made Marinette catch her breath. He tucked a few messy strands of her hair behind her ear and lost himself in her bluebell eyes. "I don't want you to go either. I could stay with you just like this all day."

"Well I want my breakfast." Their little bubble was burst by a certain black Kwami demanding to be fed. Marinette giggled and the annoyed look on Adrien's face and dropped her head onto his chest.

"You know where it is, go get your own." Adrien grumbled.

"Sorry kid, I don't believe you are my holder right at this moment so I can't take any commands from you." Plagg said sarcastically with a cheeky grin, flicking his tail mischievously.

"I'll cancel that order for the aged Roquefort you were wanting for."

"Ungrateful." Plagg mumbled as he left the room. Adrien huffed, pulling himself up so he was partially sitting up. Marinette sat up more also, still facing him with her hand resting on the other side of him on the bed.

"How on earth did you put up with him?" Marinette asked, still amused at Adrien's pout. "He isn't exactly the most tactful is he?" His face softened.

"Truth is, he's really been my best friend. I don't know how I wouldn't have gotten through high school without him being there. All the times my father would tell me I couldn't go out with you guys, or he didn't turn up to dinner, or he would schedule another photoshoot with Lila, Plagg would be there to lift me up and remind me I was something more. Being Chat Noir gave me a purpose and a meaning to my life, and you." He smiled, tapping her on the nose and making her smile. "Plagg might be grumpy and annoying, but he was always there for me."

"Just to warn you, I can be grumpy and annoying too, especially in the mornings." She said with a cheeky grin.

"No you're not, you're beautiful." He smiled softly, kissing her on the nose. He pulled back to look at her, the need in his eyes making her heart race. Brushing his fingers across Marinette's cheek, he buried his fingers into her hair and brought her lips to his. Soft kisses soon gave way to more fevered ones. Marinette felt his free hand slide down her side and rest on her hip, guiding her to straddle him, allowing them both to be closer.