CH:16- Rebuttal, Possessiveness, & Inclination

Start from the beginning

"Her acceptance value that much to you, Miss Singh," Haseena asked surprisingly.

"Yes, her's and her mother's," Karishma said, "I'm willing to grow my hair in the future, so, Misha can grow her hair too. I know you like long hair."

Haseena just continued to stare at her for some time, then she spoke, "You don't have to grow your hair, this hairstyle suits you a lot—I like this on you very much." She paused for a brief moment, "And, about Misha! She can style her hair like you. It's just hair. It will grow."

"Really?" Karishma almost screamed in excitement.

A smile appeared on Haseena's face after looking at her like that.

"I didn't know that you would say yes so easily," Karishma said in a mixture of shock and surprise.

"Why?" She asked.

"No, sometimes you are very stubborn," Karishma said.

"True! But not in the matters, which gives happiness to the people I care," She said while turning her head towards the window.

Karishma looked at her astonishingly.

"And, just for your information, I work in your office and as per my sources, you could have taken, anyone, in the party. Because you have taken, other staff members to the party before too, you never made it mandatory for your PAs to come with you," Haseena said without looking back at her but in a bit annoyed tone.

"Okay! I accept I lied," She said while hitting the steering wheel, "But you wouldn't have come, otherwise," Karishma said in a defeated manner.

"Have you tried asking me?" Haseena said disappointingly. "I always like, when you ask or say things directly to me either it's hateful or affectionate."

Karishma didn't have any answers. "Why have you come if you knew?" She asked as she brought the car to a halt because they had arrived at the venue.

"For you!" Haseena said while getting out of the car.

"Why this change of heart all so sudden?" Karishma asked after parking the car and moving in her direction.

"First of all is not sudden, and, secondly, if I wouldn't have come then you would have gloated for the entire next week and make life living hell for everyone around you including me," She said as she wrapped her coat around her frame.

"I wouldn't have done that," Karishma disagreed.

"You would have, for sure," Haseena persisted.

"I wouldn't," Karishma disagreed once again. 

"You would have," Haseena repeated.

"I would have," Karishma agreed as a wide grin appeared on her face. "You are getting used to me, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am," Haseena said as they entered the party hall.

It was quite a big gathering. As it was the first time for Haseena in such a gathering, she stayed close to Karishma who was making small talks with her colleagues about the recent changes in law and the political environment when a quite handsome man in his late forties approached and tapped on Karishma's shoulder.

"If you don't mind Miss Singh, may I steal your PA for one dance," Mr. Welsh asked as he put forward his hand towards Haseena.

Haseena looked at Karishma and she was denying through her eyes and before any of them could say anything, he pulled Haseena to a dimly lit dance floor.

"You are very beautiful," Mr. Welsh said as he slid his hand on Haseena's lower back while resting it on her buttock, he squeezed it as he pulled Haseena more into him and whispered in her ear, "I'll give you more benefits then Miss Singh if you apply for a job as PA in my firm."