CH:2- What, Why & Embarrassments

Evening All! 

Just thought of giving y'all a bonus. Enjoy Reading🤓 & Stay Blessed😊

_________________________

Karishma came out from her cabin to the main hall almost screaming, "Where is this new hire?" She looked around to get an answer.

"Karishma she is out on her lunch break," Allie (Jewish American) said in a much calmer tone while moving towards Karishma and placing her hand on Karishma's shoulder.

"She is such a lame excuse for a human being," she muttered under her breath and went back into her cabin.

Haseena came back from her lunch break after half an hour, as she was about to move towards Karishma's cabin when Jenny (Chinese American) pulled her away and told her to watch out because Karishma is very upset with her.

Haseena just nodded and moved inside the cabin after taking a deep breath—--"With this woman, you never know what is going on in her mind," She thought.

"Where were you?" Karishma asked without looking up from her file.

"I was on my lunch break," Haseena said as she poured some sanitizer on her hand and started rubbing against her hand.

"You can have lunch here—-For your information, we have a pretty convenient Cafeteria," Karishma informed her in a stern tone while still having her eyes on the file, however, she was aware of Haseena's every move.

"I can't. I have my reasons," Haseena said as she turned on her computer and started scanning the upcoming appointments for Karishma.

"And, What are those reasons?" Karishma asked as she placed both of her hands on the table and looked at Haseena.

"I have informed HR about it," Haseena responded without looking back at her.

"And I am the one who pays HR, so do tell me the reason," Karishma said as she got up from her chair and started moving towards Haseena's desk.

Haseena looked at her in displeasure for a few seconds and then with an even tone, she responded, "I have to pick up my daughter from the school and drop her off at the daycare." She finished her sentence and looked up at Karishma who was leaning on her desk and staring back at her.

"Aahan....." That's all she uttered and after taking the file from the table, she started heading back to her desk. "If you are going out in the future then tell me about it. You are my Personal Assistance and I might need you anytime." "And," she turned towards Haseena, "Feed your number in my phone, so I can contact you when you're out."

"Yes, Ma'.....Miss Singh," Haseena said. "When will I get out of this hell hole," she mumbled under her breath.

"Not, so soon," Karishma said as she sat back on her chair and looked at Haseena whose face had turned red in embarrassment after being heard. A smile appeared on her face, unknowingly, after looking at her embarrassed face.

The rest of the day, they just only exchange words about work and nothing else. Karishma saw her rushing out of the office after clocking out at the end of the day without saying any pleasantries.

_______________________

"I can't tell you, what a day I have, Maa!" Karishma exclaimed as she took another bite from the roti.

"Do tell, What caused you so much happiness?" Pushpa Ji said, "Because in the morning you were pretty upset when you walked out from the house."

"We have this new hii.....," before Karishma could complete her sentence, her phone started ringing and she stepped out from the dining area to attend her call.