Chapter 9

Moon rumbled under her shoes. Tiny bits of soil bounced on the Earths surface. A huge head suddenly burst out of the ground, followed by a gigantic snake body. Red stones were embedded into its scales and carved in a rough diamond shape. It towered over moon like the size of a New York building. This thing didn't even remarkably look like the Scales. This thing was something else entirely.

It looked at Moon with its daring, glowing eyes. She looked right back.

"Well, Moon. Unlike other snakes, who's venom does nothing to you, it will take two injections of the Great One's venom for you to die." The Scale hissed with glee.

"Moon. We meet at last. I've wanted to see what happens when you die." The voice came from everywhere.

It was startlingly quick for such a big snake, but Moon leaped out of the way, and it smashed its face into the street.

The Scales suddenly cried out as Loki stabbed through them all, desperate to get to Moon.

No! Don't come over here!

Why!?

If it takes two bites for me-someone who's immune to venom and poison, imagine what it could do to you in one bite.

So what do I do?!

Just trust me... I'll figure something out.

Be careful, Moon.

She dodged around the snake's attacks, looking for any weakness.

She tried to cut through its scales, but they were too thick and strong.

So she had to go for some place not on the outside. She would have to stab it straight in the mouth. Where the fangs and venom were.

Whirling around, she jumped on the snake's head and sliced her sword across it's eyes, blinding it.

Blood leaked from the eye sockets and the snake writhed in pain.

It threw her off. She saw its tongue flicking, tasting for her.

She rolled onto the ground. She felt everyone stop fighting and watch the big part of the action.

Sword in her hand and mind racing, she leaped forward again, dragged her blade right across the roof of the snake's open mouth. It's fang just barely grazed her shoulder. Pain exploded throughout her whole body as her immunity to venom died.

The snake fell back, and Moon gasped for air. She could feel her body going into shock, but she had no time to die.

At least, not yet.

Moon, it's too risky! Don't go near it! Did you get bit?

Yes. I did.

THEN DEFINITELY GET AWAY FROM THERE!

It's now or never. Wish me luck.

NO!!

Ignoring his pleas for her to stop, she forced herself up. Tears leaked down her face. A normal stab wouldn't kill it.

The side of the snake exploded, and Darklight swept around. He attached his claws to its head, viciously tearing at it's scales.

With a huge burst of energy, he shot the serpent, just as it grabbed him in his mouth.

In a matter of seconds, Darklight was on the ground, dying.

"No!"

She bolted towards her pet. She didn't care if she got bit anymore, he was her friend.