"Why don't you pop into some comfy clothes and I'll make you a cuppa." Darcy softly suggests, clearing her throat and putting on a surprisingly good British accent at the end of her sentence to lighten the mood.

"Thank you. Govna'" I give her a small smile and a wink, walking past her as she tries not to stare.

Well in my bedroom, I go through my drawers, quickly finding the pair of sweatpants and old shirt I always sleep in, pulling them on hastily, not wanting to feel exposed in my nakedness. I can hear Darcy brewing the tea outside. As much as I am wanting her to just leave me alone so I can feel sorry for myself and overthink every mistake I made concerning Wanda, obsessing over what she is doing now, without me, I am grateful for Darcy. My thoughts feel muddled and confused and I feel awful, and she is proving a welcomed distraction. I brush my wet hair, letting it airdry as I walk back out into the living room where Darcy hands me a warm cup filled with tea and I again try not to be reminded of Wanda and her cup on the porch, the memory filling me with a sour feeling.

"I'm going to sleep on the couch tonight, ok?" Darcy's tone is softer than it has been all night as she watches me with kind eyes. It's as though actually seeing the physical marks of what I've gone through has softened her entire take on me slightly. I prefer this to being yelled at, but I wish she wouldn't look at me like that.

"No, seriously, Darcy, I'm-" I begin and she chuckles mirthily.

"Liv, I'm sure you're fine. I just don't want to drive all the way out of the city at 4 am." She smirks and I roll my eyes. "What, even I get tired!"

"Take the bed."

"Oh, Olivia." Darcy places a hand on her chest, pretending to be coy. "You're pretty and all that, but I don't want to step on a certain redhead's toes."

"Oh, shut up." I laugh and flop down on the couch, placing the cup on the floor next to the couch.

"Sleep tight. Try not to think too much, yeah? Although that shouldn't be a problem for you, should it?" Darcy winks as she flips the light off and then tiptoes to my bedroom as I glare at her.

"There's a pair of clean clothes you can sleep in in the top drawer to your right!" I loudly let her know and I hear her snicker.

"Honey, I sleep naked."

I chuckle slightly at her as she closes the curtains I've put up in lieu of an actual door with pazazz.

"Darcy, I love you, but please don't." I grin at myself, lifting my feet onto the couch and pulling the old blanket over myself.

"You're right. What would Wanda think?" I hear Darcy chuckle and I smile slightly, despite the slight twinge in my chest. Wanda wouldn't think much of it, would she? She wouldn't care.

And then I resume just staring up at the dark ceiling, my thoughts running back to Wanda, intercut with what Darcy said to me. I gave up on her.

Time ticks by and although my body physically is exhausted, and my mind too, I just cannot seem to switch off. I slip into a weird typ of state of dreaming wherein I'm still awake, but somehow I'm still transported thousands of miles away back to that cabin, with her, seeing her clear as day. I try to flick those daydreams, or nightdreams away, but like an annoying fly, they just return and I'm forced to lie there, passively letting myself feel worse and worse, wishing Wanda was here.

Eventually, I can't stand the torture anymore, and I quietly get off the couch and slip my old, big NYU hoodie on, slipping out of my sweatpants and into black yoga pants, slipping my feet into trainers. I grab my keys and slip out of my apartment without much of a sound, knowing Darcy's still fast asleep based on the soft snoring emanating from my room.