Indifferent

You slammed your bedroom door shut, anger and embarrassment coursing through you. You don't think you had ever been as angry in your 14 years, wanting to scream and throw yourself on your bed to cry. Since your mother wasn't home, you opted for the former, letting a shrill shriek escape, filling the room with your anger.

Even as you did this, you heard the front door open and close, fast footsteps on the floor telling you he was coming straight to your room. Damn, in your blind rage you forgot to lock the front door.

Not that locking the door had ever stopped Poe from getting into the Horn household.

"Go AWAY, Poe!"

His footsteps stopped just outside your door, the brainless, annoying, terrible Poe Dameron not stupid enough to try and open your door when you were this angry. Still, he called to you through the thin wood, voice strained with regret and worry.

"Please, I'm sorry-"

"You are not, you jerk!" You yelled back childishly, as a fresh wave of tears slipped out. At least he couldn't see them. You caught your breath before continuing, "I saw you grinning over at Charlie when you punched Tahla! You enjoyed it!"

"He was touching you!" Poe responded, "Kissing you and touching your face! How else was I supposed to-"

"You were supposed to let me make out with the hot guy, Poe!" You growled, ripping open your door to glare daggers at your former best friend's face. Not expecting you to do this, he almost fell into the room as he had been leaning against the door. Once he straightened himself up, Poe frowned down at you, bewildered.

"I didn't realize-I mean, I thought he was being fresh. Charlie thought so too." As if your brother had anything to do with Poe's overprotective reaction.

You gave him your worst look, marching further into your room and tossing your jacket on your bed angrily, hands gesturing wildly. "I've had a crush on Tahla for like, two months, Poe! He finally asks me out and gives me a pretty innocent kiss and then you come out of nowhere and punch him! In the face!"

You crossed your arms over your chest, staring at your floor now as you worked to keep any more angry tears from coming. Poe was silent for a beat, then stepped a little further into your room cautiously, as though you were an enraged mudhorn.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't know any of that, I jumped to conclusions," You gave a humourless laugh, because when did Poe 'better to ask for forgiveness' Dameron ever not jump to conclusions? "Honestly, I didn't hit him too hard, he'll be fine."

You couldn't help it, you stomped your foot. As though you were a small child. You were so incredibly frustrated, you actually stomped your foot down. With another angry cry, you stormed across the room and pushed Poe, who barely moved because even just two years older he was so much stronger, broader, solid. It only made you angrier, emphasizing every other word with another hit to his chest. "You kriffing idiot, Poe! He's never going to speak to me again now! What gives you the right, huh?"

You finally looked up at him only to see a confusing mix of emotions cross his features, the most prominent of which appeared to be regret. "I'm really, really sorry. I'm just protective of you, I know I shouldn't have done that." He hung his head in shame, a hand moving to rub the back of his neck tiredly. You knew him far too well not to realize how sincere he was being.

You softened, only a little. "Poe, look," You wiped under your eyes as you considered your words, "I like that you're protective, don't get me wrong. I know you love me. But you can't just do stuff like that! I didn't punch that girl from Tatooine when I found you guys making out last year, did I?"