Chapter 25: Unraveling the truth

Start from the beginning

The bouquet of flowers slipped off from my hands and scattered onto the ground as I absorbed the news.

On the screen, I could see a male dressed in T-shirt and jeans, with a cap and mask shielding his face carefully, lowering his head as he was being escorted by the police. But what caught my eye was the T-shirt that he was wearing.

It was the first couple tee which he had bought for us.

Mark... I know that he will live up to his promise. But this, it couldn't be him...

I stumbled to the nearby chair for support and Jin, the one who shared the news with us, immediately came to my side. I shook my head in disbelief and looked around at others. Everyone was as equally shocked as I am and GOT7 just stood there rooted to the ground.

"I have to look for him!", it was then I stood up abruptly and left the studio, holding on tight to my gown as I ran along the pavement.

It was already pouring outside and the rain hit my skin like it would go right through and the water washed the street like a river would rise.

Beneath the sound of the city traffic, I couldn't hear my own footfalls. I was so completely wet and numb that I didn't even feel the splashing of the vehicles or the wind that blew so hard that the litter swirled into the air like the poor relations of autumn leaves.

The streets passed in a frigid blur, but I wasn't heading for home, but for the place which he will be at. He needs me now and it is the only place that I will need to go.

Jin has been chasing after me right after I left the studio and when he finally caught up, he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"OPPA! PLEASE LET GO OF ME! I HAVE TO FIND MARK NOW! I HAVE TO BE WITH HIM! HE NEEDS ME NOW", I screamed with sadness and tried to release his grip on me.

However, Jin forced me into his embrace.

"WENDY-SSI, CALM DOWN", he shouted at me and I gasped for air through the sobs.

"This is not a situation which you can handle. If you really want to see him, you will have to let me come along with you", he said again, but this time, in a more gentle tone.

After caressing my hair, he held onto my hand tightly and hailed for a cab.

Before we headed to our destination, he stared into my eyes and warned me,

"Let me repeat myself again. This is NOT a situation which you can handle. You are just there to see Mark. So, whatever questions the reporter might throw you later, you've got to remain silent."

-
-
-

MARK'S POV

"So, young man. Care to tell us why and how you got involved in this? Who's the drug dealer? You know, we can lessen your sentence if you are willing to share with us the details", the police officer narrowed his eyes at me and asked.

He had been asking me this question for the Nth time since half an hour ago when they brought me here, and I couldn't understand why he kept repeating it again and again.

"I TOLD YOU THAT I DONT'T DO DRUGS! SOMEONE SET ME UP!", and so, I repeated my answer to him as well.

Slamming his hand hard onto the table, he stood up angrily and looked at me with his blazing eyes.

"MARK TUAN! You do understand your situation here don't you? If you won't cooperate with us, then we can't do anything to help you!", he raised his voice at me.

Then, rolling his eyes, he continued on with his words,

"And you kept claiming that someone had set you up, but who is it? Do you know the person?!", he took a sip of coffee and studied me under his watchful eyes.