Will You Go To Formal With Me?

"So I'm sure you guys are wondering why I called you over!" Natasha smiles. We're standing in the rose garden in her back yard. By we're I mean Zahra and I.

"I was in the middle of Breaking Bad so yeah I would like to know," I grunt.

"Nicholas!" She yells.

Natasha's older brother Nicholas comes walking down the stone pathway that leads to the rose garden. He's tall and lean with crystal blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. His jawline could slice an apple in half.

"Zahra meet Nicholas. Nicholas, Zahra." Natasha says.

Nicholas kisses Zahra's hand and her pale skin turns deep red. "Nice to meet you Zahra."

On the outside I'm smiling but on the inside I'm fangirling like a directioner at a One Direction concert.

"Hey Bells," he smiles. Bells. He's called me that for years.

"Hey Nick. Nice to see you again."

"You too." He turns back to Zahra and gets down on one knee. "Zahra? Will you go to Formal with me?"

Zahra thumbs her blue bangs out of her eyes and nods.

Nicholas pulls out a corsage and places it on her wrist. "Thank you for allowing me to be your date."

"Thank you for blessing my eyes with your gorgeous face," she breathes then touches his face. "Are you even real?"

He laughs and intertwines their hands. "I like you." He pulls her to him and she melts.

"Okay okay don't make me sick. Leave you big oaf," Natasha pushes him away. "Take starry eyed Sally with you. Go get to know each other."
Nicholas pulls Zahra into the house and she sneaks a thumbs up in the process.

"How great are we?" I ask.

"Words can't even express," Natasha picks a rose from the garden and places it in my hair. "I hope this goes as planned."

"I can't believe you got your brother to go along with this. Wasn't he embarrassed about being seen with a senior?"

She laughs. "He's only a sophomore in college. Once I showed him Zahra's instagram account he was practically drooling."

"She's got the juice," I agree.

"And he's thirsty for that juice," she winks. "We should go inside and make sure he's behaving."

"I'm sure they'll appreciate the alone time."

"A little too much. Come on I'm making caramel corn."

"Too the kitchen!" I point and we do our soldier walk that we used to do when we were younger.

Sure enough Zahra and Nicholas are playing Halo 3 and laughing.

"I smell a new couple," I whisper to Natasha.

"I thought I was the only one."

We squeal and quickly go into the kitchen before we make it extremely awkward.