47 - Can Never Catch a Break

Start bij het begin

"Right, what're we doing today then? Anything planned?" Harlow questioned, moving her duffle bag and the other bags so they were out of the way of the door.

"Well we talked and thought it'd be fun to go to Six Flags." Finnic stated, pulling himself to sit up on the bed. "You know spend the day going on fun rollercoasters and stuff. Jasmine's never been." He added, standing up and walking over to Jasmine.

"My mum and dad weren't fans of rollercoasters let alone me." Jasmine replied as she hopped up off the bed and over to her suitcase.

Finnic's eyebrows furrowed as he watched her skip away. Harlow struggled to hold in her laugh, "She's already learning from me. After all what good is trauma if you can't joke about it." Harlow reasoned, watching Jasmine in amusement.

Finnic rolled his eyes jokingly at the girl and shook his head. "Come on then." He called out. Harlow nodded, grabbing her bag and pulling out a gun. "Harlow-"

Harlow turned to face Finnic as she strapped the gun to her side. "Don't tell me you walk around without a weapon on you?"

Finnic shrugged his shoulder and reached his largest bag. "You think I can stalk around the street going unnoticed with this bad boy!" He exclaimed and whipped out his long bow with a large grin. After a short pause, Finnic went back to being serious, "Harlow you can't take a gun to Six Flags."

"And why not?" She asked stubbornly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because its dangerous." Jasmine stated like it was obvious. She rose her eyebrow at Harlow, copying Harlow's signature look.

Harlow's eyes met Jasmine's and immediately she removed her gun from her side holster. "Okay okay." She sighed lightly but never the less placed the gun down onto the counter.

"Let's go!" Jasmine cheered excitedly, sprinting over to Finnic and grabbing ahold of his hand. She reached and held out her other hand forwards Harlow and wiggled her fingers at her. "I said let's go." Jasmine repeated.

"Demanding wee madam." Harlow snickered, walking over and lacing her hand with Jasmine's.

Their hands stayed laced together all the way to Six Flags. They walked together with their hands tied up in each other. Finnic had long ago let go of Jasmine's hand, having to drive and all.

The two teenagers let Jasmine dictate what rides they went on. They didn't want to go on ones that were too much for her or ones that she had no interest in. Jasmine was ecstatic. Running around hopped up on sweets for practically the whole day.

Finnic was just as ecstatic. He loved watching Harlow interact with Jasmine. He could easily recall how Harlow was when she first came into his life. She was closed off and was dedicated to sticking to her strict independence.

Harlow had flourished into a better person, and Finnic was apart of that. He was the person she could talk to about almost anything. And Jasmine was like her little sister.

The two of them, Harlow and Jasmine, were a perfect pair. Both abandoned and abused in ways unimaginable to most. But they brought out the best in each other. Jasmine revealed the gooey and mushy side of Harlow and Harlow brought out the brave side of Jasmine.

Jasmine had made the decision to go on the smaller rides first, building up to the largest and fastest ride. Apparently she wanted to build up the anticipation over the course of the day. By late afternoon, after being on what seemed like a million rides, the three of them settled down for a late lunch on a spare bench.

"Having fun?"

Harlow looked back from watching the rides and over to Finnic and Jasmine who were sitting opposite her. "Yes. The noises are a tad annoying but it turned out I do love a good rollercoaster."

"Same." Jasmine agreed, taking a bit of her ice cream.

"You did not just bite that!" Finnic whispered quietly. He couldn't believe what he just witnessed. "You maniac."

"Stop being a wuss." Jasmine scoffed cheekily and made a big show of taking another large bite from her ice cream.

"You two are children." Harlow scoffed with a smile, she let out a small snort at the sight of the two of them bickering away over something as small as ice cream. An idea pinged in Harlow's mind, she reached into her pocket and grabbed her phone. Before Finnic or Jasmine could realise, Harlow took a photo of them.

Naturally smiling as they argued childishly.

They both snapped their head to look at her after hearing the sound. Harlow grinned mischievously and let out a chuckle after catching their dramatic head turn on camera.

After lunch, the three of them decided to hang around a little longer before driving back to the hotel. Jasmine often got carsick and by the amount of junk food she had ate ensured a negative outcome. Finnic really didn't want to see any sick. So they waited.

And the people watching them waited too.

It wasn't until they were driving back that Harlow noticed anything first. Finnic was in the drivers seat, paying attention to the road,  and Harlow was sat in the back with a sleeping Jasmine draped over her.

The radio was off, only the soft snores coming from Jasmine could be heard in the car.

Silence is always ruined. Harlow had many personal events to back that up. It seemed that whenever she was happy something disastrous had to happen. The world was against her. Constantly giving her false hope. Building her up just to tear her down.

And it happened once again.

Harlow could feel the energy change before the blast. In what felt like less than a second to Harlow she yanked Jasmine up to a sitting position and firmly held her to the seat.

Finnic heard the commotion and glanced through the rear view window. His face paled as he noticed how close the car was behind.

The whole car was jolted forward as the large black car behind clipped it. Something fired through the back window of the car and exploded, sending the car flying into the air.

Jasmine let out an ear piercing scream, clutching and clawing at Harlow's arm that held her in place. Finnic yelled out as the car crashed to the ground and started rolling.

The yells and screams of Finnic and Jasmine only seized as the car came to a halt upside down. The smashed glass from the varying windows embedded itself deeply into Harlow's already scarred skin.

Harlow let out a deep breath, squeezing her eyes shut for a brief second. Her eyes snapped open to look over at Jasmine, her eyes raking over the girls face to make sure she was okay.

"Everyone okay?" Harlow mumbled, making sure they could both respond.

"Well at least the worst of its over." Finnic responded, slowly peeling his bloodied head off of the window.

Harlow almost agreed. But as she knew it, the world fucking hated her.

Next chapter is full of action and will most likely be a slightly longer one!

Thank you to everyone who reads, and comments. It greatly helps me with motivation when I get notifications for the story!! And the random and funny comments always give me a good laugh.

Tagged for notification: randomperson1689 immortalsimp iamconfused__ BaddyMaddy1 helenfragouli22 yuta_kylo adisastrousbisexual BisReichKomme heylos3r eilidh420