wrath of the balladeer

Začít od začátku

Mona reached the double doors and left the room. She didn't wait for Scaramouche, and that makes him annoyed. As he was about to leave, he heard a voice.

"Did you see Ms. Mona just now?" The cryo skirmisher whispered, thinking that the harbinger had left.

Now Scaramouche never cared about what his underlings said, but when he had heard his pretty girlfriends' name, he couldn't just leave like that. So, instead, he waited around in secret.

"Yes, she is so pretty." The other man who seemed to be a Pyroslinger Bracer sighed.

Pretty? Scaramouche knew damn right the bracer did not just call his Mona pretty. No one else except Scaramouche himself could call her that. Not even some of Mona's friends. Because Mona was all his. Only his. No one else could dare try taking her away from him.

The pyroslinger who had called his beauty pretty had a idiotic grin on his face. Kunizukushi wanted to strike that grin with a burning electric bolt, to watch it dissolve to ashes.

"Shh, don't talk so loudly about the lady in the Balladeers ground." Another fatui diplomat, a Geochanter Bracer hushed, entering the conversation.

"But you can't deny she's hot." The Cryogunner Legionnaires said. Smiling stupidly at himself.

"She is hot. But if the Balladeer hears about any of this, we would be dead meat." The rest of them shivered at the name of the merciless harbingers name. Among all of the harbingers, the 6th was known to be most harsh to his men. Killing them off as he wished, because he knew he'd immediately be supplied with more. As he was a creation by the Electro Archon, the Tsaritsa held him dear and let him get away with many things — to which this he gladly used to his advantage. One time almost wiping the entirety of his men because one of them dared to retort to his words.

Stupid pathetic weaklings. Scaramouche grunted to himself; fists clenched tightly. Pathetic weaklings Mona was too good for.

"Wouldn't it be a shame if the Balladeer already has heard?" Scaramouche suddenly said. His voice was meant to be a silent thought to himself, but it had come out in full words, echoing through the whole chamber hall.

Silence engulfed the room, and the fatui diplomats had proceeded to realize whose voice held such a bellowing tone, one the thunder could compare to.

Since Scaramouche had already revealed his presence, he decided to go up to them. To be able to see the fear in their eyes as his cold stern ones met theirs. Taking each step with ease, he continued. "How bold of you to underestimate me?"

The men who were flaunting over Mona quickly fell silent. Scaramouche watched with glee upon seeing their shoulders tense up and visible shaking among them.

As he stood in front of them, one of them began talking... or well, blurting out incomprehensible sentences for that matter .

"I - My Lord! What are yo - You misunderstood!" The Harbinger frowned at his last words, and the Cryo shooter was fast to realize his mistake.

"Apologies-" The underling had said, but another interrupted.

"My Lord, doesn't one as yourself have any matters to attend?"

A flimsy attempt at changing the subject. The harbinger wasn't stupid nor was he born yesterday.

"Who allowed you the right to ask such audacious questions?" Scaramouche's voice boomed throughout the room, now sparks of electro surrounding him dangerously. "Are you perhaps trying to meddle in a Harbinger's business? You think you're that important, huh?" The jealousy was beginning to bleed through Scaramouche's words. They didn't deserve even Mona's attention, she was way too achieving and gorgeous all ways out for them.