*.~ Chapter Eight: Argument ~.*

Depuis le début

Another soldier started to speak in the distance. "Son of a bitch wants to eat us. You watch!"

Your eyes gazed over the soldiers, looking at each one of their expressions. They were all covered in fear, gripping their blades like their life was about to end. The Captain of the Garrison Regiment also had a terrified look on his face, but it looked as if he was also disgusted. Mikasa was only facing one side of the soldiers, but the other side had a clear path of making it to Eren.

Standing up, you let Eren's arm slid off of your shoulder as you left his side. "Y/n what're you--?"

Taking out your blades, you glanced back at him.

"I'm doing what I can to keep my family alive."

...

"Is it true what they say about you saving those kids five years ago, sir?" One of the Elites asked him. "They're Cadets now, right? Won't they be at the Vanguard, too?"

Hannes got everything together as he took a step to the side. "That's right." He replied, making the Elite gasp and looked down.

"I'm really sorry, sir." He replied with a guilty look on his face. "Don't know why I felt the need to bring it up."

"They're good." Hannes cut the man off. "Some tough little bastards. Believe me, they know what it takes to stay alive."

"One of 'em's just about the best fighter I've ever seen."

"The other's so stubborn it can drive you crazy. Loads of inner strength."

"Their friend's a certifiable genius."

"Stubborn one's sister knows damn well on how to put someone in their place at the right time. Will always find the right time to."

"They'll be fine. Not a doubt in my mind."

...

"Cadets Eren Jaeger, Y/n Jaeger, Mikasa Ackermann, and Armin Arlert!" Kitz shouted at the four of you. "The three of you have jointly committed an act of high treason! Whether or not a swift execution is the result depends on you!"

Gripping your blades harder, you glared at the captain. "Any attempt to move from where you stand now, anything I deem the least bit suspicious, will be met with cannon fire! Do not test me."

"Answer carefully."

"Eren Jaeger, what exactly are you? Human? Or Titan?"

Eren didn't reply yet, but you were focused again on the soldiers faces. "I'm sorry, sir!" He replied. "I don't understand!

You could see the captain mutter something to the elites before he looked back at him. "Answer me, damn you! Evasion will get you nowhere!" He pointed his finger in our direction. "Don't try to stall with pretend ignorance! You won't stand a chance! You're be blown to hell before you can assume your true form!"

"What true form..?" You hear Eren mutter. You very much wished he knew about what happened. 

"Please! Scores of us saw it happen!" The man shouted. "You emerged from the carcass of a fallen Titan in full view of your comrades!"