𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Comincia dall'inizio

"Whatever you say sweet cheeks. But I've seen the way he—"

"If you're gonna say look at me, you know he's blind right?"

Penny laughs and waves a hand, dismissing Cassie's interruption. "Yes I know. But it's like he knows wherever you are in the room, and let's not forget when he brought you coffee on your first day."

"He— he was being a really nice friend."

"Yeah, and all of these paintings are secretly mine, I just have a lot of aliases."

The phone at the reception desk rings, giving Cassie the perfect opportunity to walk away as Penny answers.

Around 1pm Simon makes it in, and as promised, insists that Cassie goes home for a much needed break.

"Are you sure? I can at least call the catering people and—"

"Cass," Simon shakes his head, guiding her towards her office. "You've done so much, a lot more than what's in your job description that's for sure. Not only running the place while I've been gone, but I'm incredibly impressed with your planning for the showcase so far. You've earned a break, even if it is just the rest of the day off."

Cassie puts her phone in her purse, and Simon walks her to the front.

"Seriously, Simon, thank you. This is still honestly my dream job, and I'm actually having a lot of fun with all of this planning stuff!"

After chatting with Penny and Simon for a few more minutes, Cassie finally heads out. Glancing at her watch, she realizes it's still early enough that she can surprise the good people over at Nelson and Murdock. Going to a bakery across the street, Cassie gets a dozen random donuts and pastries before taking an Uber over to the office.

When she steps through the door, Foggy greets her by eagerly accepting the yummy smelling box. They stand at Karen's desk for a few minutes, and Karen mentions that Matt stepped out for a bit, not saying where he was going.

"Oh while we have you here," Foggy motioned to the door behind him. "What do you think about a sign for the door?"

"I mean you... technically have a sign?"

Karen holds her hand out for a high-five. "That's exactly what I told him."

"A real one guys."

"I think you should get some clients first before you go spending some money on a nice sign for the door."

"It wouldn't cost that much, right?"

"I love you, but you guys can barely afford to pay Karen."

"Wait," Foggy glances from his sister, to Karen. "I thought you were working for free."

"I... I did."

"Yeah for the first day. But she's on your payroll now buddy," Cassie laughs, gently pushing Foggy on the shoulder.

The door opens, and the 3 of them turn to see Matt walking in.

"You know Karen isn't actually working for free— Jesus what happened to your eye?"