Chapter 1

Izuku's pov:

My alarm went off, but I quickly turned it off for fear it may upset my father. However, I hear footsteps storming towards my room. My door slams open, and I look up to see my father, infuriated. 

"Why the fuck is your alarm set?! It's the fucking weekend!" He shouted as he smacked me across the face. 

"I n-need to stay on schedule f-for school." I stutter out. He made a 'tch' and shoved me into the wall on his way out. 'Today is my last day.' I kept saying to myself. 'Tomorrow I get to go back to school.' Then, suddenly, an idea came to me. 'Why don't I just ask for help? Why don't I tell them what's been going on?' I decided I would tell them. They would help me. Right? 

I got dressed and walked to the kitchen to start breakfast. I quickly cooked, and got a plate and made it for my father. I set it on the counter and grabbed another plate for me, however my father walked up behind me and smacked it out of my hand. The plate shattered on the floor. 

"You don't need any food. I know you'll disobey me, and eat at school, so while you are hear you won't have any meals. I already told you this, do I need to make myself more clear?" He growled in my ear. 

"N-no sir. I understand sir." I say quietly, frozen in fear. 

"Good, now clean up this mess." He said as he harshly smacked the back of my head. He picked up his plate, and walked out of the room. I quickly cleaned up the mess, and walked out of the room. I was on my way to my own room when my father stopped me. He threw a wad of cash at me. "Go get some groceries." He ordered and walked away without touching me. I was grateful, so I quickly left for the grocery store. I walked to the store, and started shopping. I got all of the essentials, and headed to checkout. 

"Deku? You look awful." I hear Kacchan's voice from behind me. I flinch. 

"O-oh? Hey Kacchan." I say to him as I turn around to look at him. 

"Why the fuck did you flinch?" He asks. 'TELL HIM!" My mind was screaming. 

"Y-you wouldn't believe me." I mumble, not meaning for him to hear. 

"Yes, I will." He says in a caring tone I have never heard from him before. I finish paying for the groceries. 

"Let's talk outside." I say as I walk out of the store. 

"Oi, what's going on?" He says once we leave the store. 

"Walk home with me? I'll explain on the way." I say, and he nods. We start walking, and I sigh. "It's my dad." I say. He looks at me confused. I feel a tear make its way down my face. I stop abruptly and drop the bags I was holding. "Kacchan, he-" I stop myself. Should I really tell him? Could he help me? He seemed so caring, but what if it's a lie? I take another deep breath. "It's nothing. We just got into an argument." I say. He doesn't seem satisfied with my answer. 

I grabbed the bags, and continued walking. Once we got there, I said goodbye and he gave me a skeptical look before walking away. I walked in the door to be met by my angry father. 

"Took ya long enough!" He shouted as he smacked the bags from my hands. 'I should've told Kacchan.' I think to myself as I am shoved to the ground.

"S-sorry. I r-ran into some friends from school." I explain. 

"Tch. You don't have friends." He said as he kicked me in the stomach. The air was stolen from my lungs, and I gasped for air. He walked away and I stood, shakily. Every breath I took hurt, but I managed to get to my room before I passed out on the bed.