Above her head, several concrete sculptures—or rather, their heads—loomed, watching with silent eyes. The cell was the only source of light, spilling out from behind the thick layer of bulletproof glass. And from behind there, Polpo sat, huge and all dressed in yellow.

"Well, you look like you're doing well. Words could not express how shocked I was to hear that you've been sentenced to twenty-three years confinement a couple months ago." Y/n commented, keeping her distance of one feet away from the glass.

"Buuuhhhhh," The man named Polpo chuckled. "Glad to finally see you in person, Desiderio. They say you're a smart woman, surely you could have guessed why."

"Ah," She answered with a small giggle, twirling a strand of her hair between her fingers, "Although I doubt I would've thought of anything of the sort. Having the government be your bodyguard.....! What a clever decision indeed."

Polpo inched across the room, opening a small refrigerator in the corner. "All's well here. The only thing in this prison that I actually lack is that I can't see Michelangelo's paintings on the wall of the Sistine Chapel, maybe. But I do have some Van Goghs and Gauguins, though." The large man held up a glass with one hand; the bottle in his other hand seemed small in comparison to his size.

"Do you want something to drink?" He offered. "How about some wine, I have an excellent Chianti Classico, it'll go wonderfully with scamorza cheese and caviar on a cracker."

Y/n did not turn him down. Taking a glass he handed her, she held it loosely in her fist, watching the purple liquid drag down the transparent sides. "How generous of you. Although, I must say, I hadn't expected that they'd let me receive things from you."

"They only say that for protocol purposes. You see....humans often say and do different things. That's the beauty of humans, though it can just as often be the ugly side of them..." The man stretched out his arms, turning his torso in an attempt to reveal the many items stashed by his side: from wine and caviar and paintings, to books and violins and pistols, he had it all.

Do I kill him?

She thought, her gaze digging deep into the figure who was still droning on and on animatedly.

No, not now.

If he is trying me out, he would surely be prepared. Perhaps he'd already spread word to the others that we would be meeting right now.

No, I can't kill him. If I do, my cover identity as capo and every thing I've done to prevent the old capos from turning against 'the Boss' would all be for nothing.

"...Desiderio?"

Polpo's lazed voice snapped her attention back to the swirling liquor in her hand. She felt his gaze, scrutinising, lingering over the slightest hint of hesitation in her demeanour. In an attempt to conceal her earlier distress, she raised the glass to her lips, and downed the majority of its contents in one gulp, earning the raise of an eyebrow and a hearty laugh from the large Capo. "Well?"

Silently, she took another sip of the wine, allowing its taste to loiter on her tongue, rich and dense in its body. "Excellent indeed." she said, looking up at him with a smile before setting down the glass and sliding it back through to the other side of the cell.

"Good, good...." Polpo chuckled. "Now that we're pass the formalities....as you should have expected already, I'd like for us to have a little chat. Oh, rest assured! It's nothing too serious, buhhh—starting with a little question." It was strange to see the bulk of a man so proper: he had emptied his hands—both of them—of his biscuits and caviar, instead leaning forward with his fingers interlaced and set beneath his chin. Despite the friendly smile he wore like his blue lipstick, y/n sensed a chilling intensity, let off from his towering shadow, and the eyes that had seen through the rise and fall of the organisation. Yes, she had never been so sure. Polpo was a capo, one who had followed Diavolo on his rise to power.