IV: This is a mess

Getting out of the classroom was just the first of their problem

Getting out of the classroom was just the first of their problem. Now their second problem is how are they going to pass through the hoard of man-eating zombies safe, without getting bitten? 

Su-Hyeok stood in the front of the group leading them towards the staircase at the end of the corridor with the rest following closely behind. The zombies were marching towards them as they were moving but Su-Hyeok was fighting them off, protecting the great of the crew.

"Be careful, Hyeok-ah! We need to help him! Try to break the windows and use them to hold the zombies off. We can use it as a temporary shield. But be careful to not get bitten by them." With that one command said by Yu-Na, the guys started looking for a window to use as a shield to protect them against the bite of the zombies.

"You guys, move out of the way!" Dae-Su who was holding a door ran straight towards the zombies, blocking their path, and started pushing them away. The guys noticing his struggle to push the zombies away helped him."Thank you Dae-Su, you are a genius!" Joon-Yeong said making Dae-Su smile widely in appreciation of the compliment given to him. 

"No one's called me a genius before." 

"Shut up and focus on holding them off!" Na-Yeon yelled out.

The group finally managed to reach the staircase. The guys who were holding the door instructed the girls to run upstairs first since they are weaponless. "GO!GO NOW! FASTER!"  

"Let's go!" Yu-Na grabbing Nam-Ra's hand dragged her up the staircase. Su-Hyeok was left behind and was struggling to fight the increasing number of zombies that is chasing after them.

"The door is locked! We gotta go somewhere else!"

"Where can we go? We are surrounded!"

"Shit!What now?"

"Try to open it!"

"Are you deaf? I just told you it's locked!"

On-Jo noticing a fire extinguisher near the zombies helped Dae-Su and the others to push the door so that they can get closer to the fire extinguisher. When they succeeded in pushing the zombies further away, she took the fire extinguisher and used its head to break the lock.

"Hurry up! We don't have much time!"

"It's open! Hurry go in!" On-Jo pushed the door open and gestured towards the others to follow her in.

Dae-Su used one last effort to push back the zombies, breaking one of the windows of the lab in the progress and running back inside.

"Is everyone here? Anyone injured?" Yu-Na inquired before hearing Dae-Su shout in fear, interrupting her question which was left unheard. A zombie was grabbing onto Dae-Su's face with its hand using the broken window as a pathway.

Joon-Yeong took the fire extinguisher from On-Jo and hit the zombie's hands trying to pry its the and of. That method did not work, thus he resorted to hitting it in the head, pushing it away.

His effort was not in vain but it did cause another window to break and more zombies started attempting to come in through the broken window which their attempt might be successful if they don't start blocking the hole right now.

"Block it using the table!"

"Hold it! Hold it! Add more chairs on the top to prevent the hands!"

"F*ck that scared the hell out of me!"

Joon-Yeong stared at his hands that were shaking. "Are you okay, Joon-Yeong? Thank you for saving Dae-Su by the way, I owe you a thank you. I don't wanna lose anyone else to them." Yu-Na said looking at him with a soft smile while putting her hands on Joon-Yeong's and squeezing it for comfort.

"It's not a big deal. I merely did what was supposed to be done." Joon-Yeong squeezed back her hand and gave a reassuring expression.

They pulled away from each other abruptly when Na-Yeon called out to Gyeong-Su. "Who are you to butt in? This all happened because you didn't hold the door. We almost died because of you."

"Then maybe you should have held the door."

"You are a f*cking as*hole!"

"Lee Na-Yeon that is enough of you! I'm sick and tired of you picking fights with Gyeong-Su all the time! What is wrong with you? We are in the middle of a f*cking apocalypse for god's sake and all you can think about is picking a fight with everyone? Can't you be a little civil and stop calling him a welfie. Just because he is here on a scholarship doesn't give you the right to call him names!" Yu-Na shouted angrily at Na-Yeon, coming in between her and Gyeong-Su.

"Ahhh, I see. Are you defending your boyfriend now you bitch? I will call him whatever I want! Who are you to tell me what to do?"

"How dare you!"

The sound of a loud slap echoed throughout the room. Na-Yeon had a disbelief look on her face while gently rubbing her palm in a circular motion on the now reddening spot on her right cheek.

Na-Yeon then raised her left hand to slap Yu-Na back but was stopped halfway when a voice interrupted her saying, "Guys can you fight later? We have to block the window's hole before another person gets hurt and the zombies get in!"

The others also supported the statement and ushered them to stop their fighting. What everyone didn't notice was the blush on Gyeong-Su's face when Na-Yeon called Gyeong-Su, Yu-Na's boyfriend.

Hehehe being Yu-Na's boyfriend, that doesn't sound too bad. Gyeong-Su slapped himself on his cheeks lightly to get the thoughts of being Yu-Na's boyfriend out. Stop it Gyeong-Su this isn't the time to think about this!

The class then continued stacking the chairs on top of the table that was set to block the broken windows.

On-Jo looked around the classroom before asking, "Where is Su-Hyeok? Has anyone seen him? You were with Su-Hyeok weren't you, Cheong-San?" "He was behind me but..."

"Then where is he?"

"I-i don't know."

"Oh no!"

"Where is he? Shit! Shit! Hyeok-ah where are you? Please be okay!" Yu-Na looked out the door's glass, looking for any sign of Su-Hyeok being there. When she couldn't find any signs of him. She started undoing the barrier and tried opening the door to go look for Su-Hyeok but was stopped by Woo-Jin hugging her waist.  "No! Yu-Na you can't go out there! It's too dangerous!"

"So are you telling me to just stay still while my best friend is in God knows what condition out there!?" Yu-Na cried out, trying to pull away from Woo-Jin's tight grip on her waist.

"No! You can't go out there Yu-Na. I'm sure Su-Hyeok is fine because he is Su-Hyeok. The strongest man that I know of! If anyone can make it out of that place alive, it is him. He is probably hiding safely somewhere or fighting the zombies with his kick-a*ss taekwondo moves. Don't worry sweetheart, he will be fine." Woo-Jin comforted Yu-Na with his words, wiping the tears that is falling on her face, and gently hugged her, rubbing her back tenderly.

Author's note
Hi! Sorry for the late update, I've been busy with my studies and I did not get to update the book at all. I'm having my semester break now so I'll have more time to update the book!