My Mute Sub

My Mute Sub.

"Good Morning Students. I am Mew Suppassit. Am 25 years old. A teacher for past 4 years and now assigned as your teacher for Arts and Music, because i love music and Arts. Now Please introduce yourself". The whole class for the freshmen was in an awe to see the man who was not less than an Art Craft himself. Dressed up in black shirt and black jeans, and ohhhh, his glasses. Everyone was drooling over the handsome professor who let out a small chuckle looking at the expressions of his students and it made every one embarrass starring at him. Though he didnt mind at all. He was used to all this.

The students came up to him to announce their name and why they chose Arts and Music. Some answers were pretty repetative. Mew had heard them for over the years of his teaching career. He was just observing everyone. Few shy, few reserve. Some bold and funny. And then the last student stood up. He walked slowly from the second row from front and stood by the white board.

"I am Tae Darvid Sir. And i chose this faculty because i have heard that there is nothing more powerful to let your emotions and feelings out in Art and Music. When you cannot explain yourself, every stroke of brush on the canvass and every sturm on the guitar makes it easy to tell people how you feel". Tae put the cap of the marker and turned to Mew.

He saw him looking at him with keen expressions. Like he wanted to read him. Tae held his head low.

"You cannot speak"? Mew said in a sign language and Tae looked at him with wide eyes.

"Sir. I cannot speak only. But i can hear clearly". He said in the sign language and Mew sheepishly chuckled. Yes, if he couldnt hear how would he know that Mew asked for introductions.

"Great. So that would make us talk easily. Go back to your seat". He patted his shoulder to go back to his seat before he turned his laptop on, connected with the projector. They had to begin with ancient techniques mixed with modern civilization.

One hour and 30 minutes. It was like a blink of an eye when the bell rang indicating the class was over. Every student thanked and left the class, leaving Tae behind who was not in much hurry.

"Umm Tae. Can you exchange numbers"? Mew asked him holding his laptop bag. Tae looked at him but nodded his head. Mew scanned the line id and gave it a call for Tae to save it. He was getting interested to know him. He didnt know how to work on it anyhow.

The coming days, he was busy with his schedules. They had alternate classes for Arts and Music. Luckily the students in this year were quite sharp and intellegent.

For the beginners strokes, the students were required to use Grey, White and Black in random painting. Any object. Any subject. While he chose his aisle too facing everyone. He would occasionally take a round to observe and correct some mistakes for the improvement. He liked a few that he marked in his mind to help those students sharpen their skills. He believed it would polish them more.

He reached Tae too. Standing near him he was watching him drawing lines after lines. In the beginning he didnt understand a word, but as the picture came to life, he couldnt help but praise him because he was surely impressed with how Tae justified his thought of using art and drawings to express his feelings.

It was the face of a person who was bound to stay silent no matter what. His lips were closed but his eyes were screaming pain. There were unshed tears that wanted to be free, yet they were controlled forcefully.

"Its amazing Tae. Good work". Mew patted his shoulder and went to his aisle. The class was almost finished when everyone handed him their sheets with names. He rolled them neatly and dismissed the class until next lecture.

Tae went home happily that day. He was happy that Professor Mew loved his idea. He appreciated him and that was worth every thing. His mother looked at him with bored expressions and turned back to the TV watching some gossip show. His brother was busy with his mobile. He didnt even bother to give a glance at him. Well, nothing new for him. For years he was facing the hatered from his mother and brother.