Chapter 9

Stella's POV
When Voight gets here he goes over the plan and tells us to stay outside. "All do respect sir Kelly and I run into burning buildings and we have also been shot at while inside a burning building, so if it's ok with you we would like to go in with y'all" I said. "Fine y'all can come in with us but we take the lead." Voight answered. So Kelly and I put back on our bulletproof vests and we then followed the intelligence team into the building. We then split into 2 teams one team takes the elevator and the other team takes the stairs in case the guy tries to run. When we get to Erin and Jay's apartment we immediately realize that the door is open which leads us to believe that the guy behind all of this is still inside. So we go inside but we proceed with caution.
Erin's POV
Jay was on the team that took the elevator and I was on the team that took the stairs. All I could think about is how I wish Jay was here to protect me and I wasn't there to protect him. When we get up to the floor of our apartment we all meet up again and go over the plan of how we are going to get into the apartment and what to do if the person catches us. So we came up with a plan where Jay and I would come home early. Then we put our vests on underneath our shirts. Jay had to help me put my vest back on because I can never get the velcro to stick right. The team + Stella and Kelly split up into 2 teams again and stood on either side of the doorway . We acted like nothing was wrong and entered the apartment. When we entered the attacker immediately pointed a gun at our heads so we said the safe word which was "Baby" we yelled out as we pulled out our guns. As intelligence did as they filed in, I noticed he was hiding something behind his back. I then yelled "show me your hands" at first he refused but after he saw that we were not going to back down anytime soon he showed us his hands and we all saw that he was holding a remote to a bomb. I turned and looked at Jay and he turned and looked at me. He could tell I was scared and I could tell he was scared too.  We gave each other a nod and that meant we are going to be fine and I have your back. We have to come up with a plan so I gave a signal to Stella and Kelly that meant to go think of a plan and do it. They left the apartment and walked down the hall so the attacker didn't hear the plan. I heard them run down the stairs and when they came back in it surprised me that they came up with such a good plan in less than 10 minutes.