Chapter 7

Kelly's POV
I love my fiancé so much, she just impresses me every time she does something.  Like when she is hungry but doesn't want to make lunch for the whole firehouse she makes the candidates do it. After about 30 minutes of wedding planning later lunch was finally ready. Stella got off of my lap but didn't want to go to the common room until I got up and took her hand. We then walked hand in hand to the common room and stood in line waiting til we got our sandwiches. Before we could get 2 bites in before the bells went off but luckily for us the call was only for 61.
Gabby's POV
When Brett and I arrived on the scene we saw that there were already 2 ambulances there. I went over to talk to the pic's (paramedics in charge) but they said they do not know why
They were dispatched to a house fire. "Main we need a truck, engine, and squad to our location" I said into my radio.
*2 minutes later* Truck 81, Engine 51, and Squad 3 showed up. I ran over to Matt and told him what we know. Then he turned around and he told everyone else exactly what I told him, that there are 4 people in the house and that we do not know what the conditions are inside, then he said "be very careful in there." Then everyone went in but since squad only has 3 men this shift, Stella was paired with Kelly. After about 4 minutes they came out with 2 kids around the age of 1 to 4 and 2 adults badly burned but the kids were barely burned at all when I asked truck and squad why. They said that the parents laid on top of the kids to keep them safe.
Stella's POV
"That was crazy" I said to kelly "I have seen some pretty bad stuff but nothing like that" he said. I could see Kelly freaking out when I am in trouble or when he sees something so bad that he starts shutting me out. "Hey look at me" I said to him "You can talk to me whenever you need" I said "Stella I am scared, when we got separated I saw your badge number on the wall and mine was right next to yours." he said to me "We need to go back to 51 and tell chief Boden right now." I said, Kelly nodded in agreement and since Squad 3 was ready to go I ran and told Casey that I am going to ride back with squad, he said ok but I could tell he was confused about why. "Tony, I am driving so get in the back" I said "why?" Tony asked, "Because I said so and Kelly needs me." I said. He tried to argue with me but he soon realized that I was not going to back down anytime soon, so after about 5 minutes he got out of the driver's seat and I hopped in. Kelly turned the sirens on and I drove as fast as I could. The rest of squad kept asking why we were going back to the firehouse so fast but neither Kelly or I felt like telling them. When we got back to the firehouse we ran into chief's office. "Chief, we have a problem," Kelly said. "What is it?" Chief said "we were at a house fire and when we headed you Kelly spotted both of our badge numbers on a wall." I said, "What should we do?" Kelly asked. "You are going to stay active but watch each other's backs and I will have Stella join squad until this passes over."Chief said "Will do Chief" Kelly and I both said at the same time. Then I went and told Casey what Chief said and Casey looked a little worried but he was ok with me riding with squad. We had a few calls but none of the calls were fires.
*1 hour later*
Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, and Ambulance 61 fire at 5353 Timothy Circle. I immediately realized that the address was mine and Kelly's apartment complex. I just looked at him with a puzzled look. He looked at me with the same look. We both rushed to the Squad truck and we went as fast as we could to the apartment complex. Then Kelly started giving orders until either Casey or Boden showed up and went inside and up to our apartment. When we got there the whole floor was about to go up in flames, so we immediately started getting people out. Truck got to the floor a few minutes later and helped get everyone out. After about 30 minutes everyone was out of the building and we went back in to see if the fire started in our apartment like we think it did. Before we went back in I saw our badge numbers on the side of the building, I stopped Kelly from going on and showed him the side of the building.
Kelly's POV
After Stella showed me the outside of the building had our badge numbers on it. I turned to Stella and saw the look in her eyes. She was scared, so I pulled her into a hug and she held onto me tightly. Once everyone saw us staring at the wall they started coming over. "Aren't those y'all's badge numbers" Casey asked "Yeah, they were also at the last fire we responded to" Stella said " Are y'all alright" Gabby asked "No" I said "We are scared for our lives" Stella said to Gabby. I could hear and feel Stella getting more scared so I hugged her tighter and she did the same. I could feel Stella becoming less tense as we hugged and I know when I hug Stella I always feel better than before. When we went back to the firehouse we went straight into Chief's office and told him what happened.