Chapter 36: Bonus 10 [Jake]: La Fée Verte

Start from the beginning

"Come on," Kai smiled, extending his hand. "I promise we'll have fun."

"I don't know," Jake sighed. "We have school tomorrow."

Kai was the exact opposite of Jake. He had so many emotions, none of which Jake could pinpoint. On top of that, it scared him how much the older boy could make him feel. Kai was like a storm, and maybe that's why Jake liked him so much. He supposed it was the sense of freedom both brought. The freedom of letting loose, of creating havoc. It was the freedom of a mess.

"And we'll get there on time; I swear on it." Kai gazed at him with bright eyes. "Please? It won't be fun without you."

Jake didn't like messes, but he was pretty sure he loved Kai. He caved, taking the older boy's hand.

"Okay," he whispered. "Let's do it."

***

"Um, Kai?"

"Yeah?"

"What exactly are we doing? And where are we?"

Kai turned to face the younger boy. "I can tell you that we're standing outside the WayV dorms right now. And as to what we're doing, well, that's a surprise."

"Please don't tell me we're going to another party," Jake sighed. "It's barely been twenty-four hours since-"

"It's not another party," Kai laughed. "We're just here to see Kun sunbaenim real quick."

"Why?" Jake asked curiously.

The door opened, saving Kai from responding.

"Oh, Kai! Jake!" Kun greeted them cheerfully. "I was wondering when you two were gonna show up."

"Yeah, sorry we took so long," Kai smiled, adjusting his grip on his backpack. "Had to stop by our dorm to pick up school stuff."

"No problem. Come in, come in." Kun ushered them inside the apartment. "Don't mind the mess; we just finished moving in."

"Moving in?" Jake tilted his head. "I thought you guys were rebuilding your kitchen after the Lucas and NCT Dream dinner party."

"We were," Kun sighed. "But the damage turned out to be worse than we thought, so it was easier to move dorms. Anyways, Kai, um, do you want to...?"

Jake frowned as Kun and Kai made eye contact for an oddly long period of time.

"Yangyang!" Kun suddenly called out. "Come here, please."

A boy slightly older than Jake appeared from the hallway. "Yeah?"

Kun nodded his head. "Why don't you show Jake our new kitchen?"

"Uh... Okay." Yangyang awkwardly gestured at the doorway. "This way, if you will."

Jake followed the boy through the dorm. "Why is everybody acting so weird?"

Yangyang cleared his throat as they took seats at the kitchen table. "You'll... You'll see. I guess Kai hasn't explained it to you yet, although that's fair because Yeonjun hyung's usually the one who- never mind. You want a glass of water?"

"I'm good," Jake smiled, hands fiddling anxiously in his lap. "Thanks."

They sat there awkwardly for a minute.

"So..." Yangyang started. "Did you hear about what happened to BTS yesterday? With the sasaeng and the fire?"

Jake nodded. "I was at-"

"The Jackson Wang party?"

"Yeah," Jake laughed. "How'd you know?"

"You seem to blindly follow Kai everywhere," Yangyang shrugged. "And I know for a fact Kai would never miss one of those. He, Yeonjun, Yeji, and Yuna are always there."