Chapter 3

The next day Blazefire led Minnowpaw to the stream that marked the border. The clan that they shared the border with is swiftclan. They are called swiftclan because they run so swiftly that it's easy to catch rabbits so they live on the moorland. Willowclan lives in the forest where willows grow. And theirs hollowclan where they live in hollows. The last clan is bayclan. They are called bayclan because they live by the bay. When they went back to camp, Cloverstar sat on Pointed stones and called out the familiar words. Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath Pointed stones! As the clan began to gather, Cloverstar said, tonight is the gathering! I will be bringing Blazefire, Minnowpaw, Swiftclaw, Frostclaw, Darkstripe, and Hawkwing!

As the cats began to file out of the camp, they streamed out of the camp to the gathering island. After they jumped off from the log path, they went to their places, Minnowpaw and Blazefire sat together while Cloverstar yowled for the gathering to start. Willowclan is doing well, same as for prey, Minnowpaw has been made apprentice! Every cat yowled Minnowpaw, Minnowpaw, Minnowpaw!!!! As Cloverstar sat down Viperstar sprang up. Bayclan has been doing well also. We have made two apprentices warriors! Prey has been well also. Reedstar sat up. Swiftclan has been doing well also. We have nothing to report except for that prey has been well. As she sat down Honeystar sat up and said prey has been well and Jaywing moved to being an elder. The gathering is over! Yowled Reedstar. As the clan began to gather to their groups, Blazefire noticed Frostclaw from swiftclan. Hi Frostclaw! Blazefire called to him. Good evening, Blazefire! Answered Frostclaw. Blazefire! Yowled Minnowpaw. Time to go! Ok Minnowpaw! As she padded to Minnowpaw she said to Frostclaw over her shoulder, see you at the next gathering! Ok! Frostclaw said. Her clan began to file off the log path.