Day Seven

Things felt like they were going downhill. After another sleepless night, he felt no better than before. He desperately wanted to spill his heart and just let someone help him, but who would? Even if someone did, what selfish benefit was there for them? All his secrets would be like a deck of cards to them, being able to be played to get whatever sick prize they desired. It wasn't worth it, was it?

All I am is Nightmare's pathetic little reject, what purpose do I truly serve aside from fighting? I'm not 'normal', I'm not built to live a simple life, I'm built to kill people. If that were the case...

In a trembling hand, he unsheathed Galaxia, faltering when the sacred blade phased into existence. The blade had a conscious of its own, crafted to communicate with the chosen ones that possessed it. The second that it was drawn without any innocent intention, it spoke up.

What are you doing, Meta Knight?

He couldn't do this.
Lowering the sword, he held it so the point touched the floor. What was he thinking? Taking his own life because his life had taken a drastically depressing turn, it was pitiful.

Sheathing his sword again, he covered his face and took a moment to breathe.

What am I doing? Suicide is a cowardly move, and an awful option. The hell was I thinking?

For a moment he hesitated, but he realised that maybe he did need to speak up, and he knew who it was he needed to speak to. But, he wasn't sure if she could handle it. And, he didn't want to be selfish about it.

______________________________

Sat at the kitchen table, Tiff got to work on her homework, until there was a knock on the door.

Startled, she accidentally scribbled a line on her worksheet. Who was it now? Had her parents forgotten the key, or had Tuff decided to play knock door run in the castle again? Either one was equally irritating.

No, it was a note. Whoever had knocked had decided that writing was better than speaking.

Opening it up, she read it to herself in a mutter, skipping some words verbally. Slimming through it, she realised it was a note telling her to meet them in the woods, so they could discuss something.

I'm hoping that this is who I think it is, because I've been so worried recently. If not, then I don't know.

Grabbing a bobble off of the table, she tied her hair up hastily, making a messy ponytail.

________________________________

As she walked through the town, she got odd stares from the Cappies. Some pointed at her, attempting to be discreet, and whispered things.

Tiff had no clue what they were on about, and assumed it was Dedede and his television trouble.

When she got to Whispy Woods, she found herself a clearing and slumped down against the broad trunk of an oak. Whoever had asked to meet her was taking their time, or just hadn't found her.

"I see you came then."

That voice made her feel better about coming. Maybe he had finally decided to stop avoiding the issue and actually address it.

"Meta Knight, what do you need?" She asked, crossing her fingers discretely.

She couldn't see him, but she assumed it was because he was stood on one of the branches. He had a fixation on being in high places, and she'd never thought to ask why. Then again, feeling tall was something that everyone liked, so maybe that was it?

"About what you said.. I think you're right. I've been keeping things held back for too long, and I just..I can't do this anymore."

An expression of sympathy crossed her face; bottling up such dark secrets for so long must've felt awful.