"You shouldn't have told her," she growled at Ranboo.

"Why not?" he finally spoke up. "It's not your thing to decide! I'm sorry that you don't like that I'm a guy, but it's what I am and you have to accept that. I'm not your perfect little daughter who- who likes dresses and skirts, I'm your son. And nothing is ever going to fucking change that!" There was a long silence, Ranboo glaring at his mother.

"I can't do this right now. We're not having this conversation right now." With that she stood up and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. Ranboo jumped at the loud noise. Benji was sitting at the end of the table and opened his mouth to speak before their dad cut him off.

"I'm sorry, Ranboo. She doesn't understand. But I do. I'll try my best to use the right name and pronouns, it might be a bit hard at the start, but I'll try." Ranboo smiled. It really meant a lot hearing that from his father.

"Thanks, Dad." Ranboo got to his feet and walked out and up to his room. He passed his mom who was sitting on the stairs.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked. Ranboo froze, standing next to her. She took his wrist in her hands and looked up at him. He stared determinately forward. "Why can't you just be normal? Why do you have to be such a freak?" Ranboo tried to blink the tears from his eyes. He wasn't going to cry, not here, not now. But his mother continued.

"I didn't want a tranny for a daughter." Ranboo ripped his wrist free from his mother's clutches and rushed up the stairs into his bedroom, slamming the door behind him. As soon as the door closed he threw himself onto his bed and screamed. He could do this because he had soundproof panels on his walls for when he was streaming, as to not disturb his family. He screamed and screamed. He didn't even notice the tears streaming down his cheeks until he dragged his hands over face and they came away dripping.

"FUCK!" he yelled again. He lied there for a while, just thinking over how fucked up his life was. Was this how Tubbo would react when he found out he was trans? Would he kick him out of his house? He hoped not. He couldn't stand losing his best friend.

There was a gentle knock at his door. Ranboo jumped up and wiped his eyes before the door creaked open. It was Benji. He looked nervous, as if Ranboo was a bomb about to go off at any second.

"Can I come in?" Benji asked tentatively. Ranboo plastered a smile onto his face and nodded.

"Yeah, come on in." Benji walked over the threshold and closed the door behind him, sitting next to his older brother. They sat there in silence for a while, not an awkward one, but not a comfortable one either.

"Um, so can I ask you a question?" Benji muttered, looking down at his hands.

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead, Bud."

"What- what did mom mean? At dinner? And Rin. Why did mom get so upset?" Ranboo looked at his brother for a few moments before opening his mouth to reply.

"Well, you see, some people, are born as a girl or born as a boy but they don't feel like what they were born as. So a girl can be born as a girl but feel like a boy on the inside, and a boy can be born a boy but feel like a girl. And I am one of those people. I was born a girl but I feel like a boy. I am a boy. And mom...well mom doesn't quite understand it yet."

"So...you're not my sister?"

"No, I'm not. I'm your brother."

"Oh. Ok."

"So you call me a boy, use he/him and call me Ranboo, is that ok?"

"Yeah, that's ok. Is it normal?"

"Yes. It's very normal. And if anyone says otherwise, they're wrong."