3.0- Return to the Capital

Start from the beginning

Subaru: You suppose?

(Y/N): The way she speaks is starting to rub off on me- Anyway, do you guys know why there's a dragon-drawn carriage at the mansion?

Subaru: Huh?

When we walked through the gates of the mansion, we saw an old man dressed like what looks to be a Butler standing next to the carriage, he bowed and greeted us after he saw us.

Old Man: Welcome home. Please forgive me for parking in front of your mansion.

——————————————

Ram: An emissary is visiting from the capital. Roswaal-sama is attending to them now. Emilia-sama, please join him.

Emilia: An emissary?

Ram: I believe it concerns the royal selection.

Hmmm....

Subaru: Yosh. Given the circumstances, I'll try not to do anything dumb.

Emilia: U-Um, I'm really sorry, Subaru. But this will be a very important discussion.

And then they left... I do admit I was a little curious about what was going on... Whenever going to worlds like these, boredom was my biggest enemy... I looked outside and saw the man next to the carriage. And then I placed a hand at my chin.

Subaru: From the way you're looking. I bet you're thinking the same thing I'm thinking...

(Y/N): Yes... Get the tea...

Subaru: Dam, you really were thinking what I was thinking...

——————————————

After that, Subaru and I approached the man.

Subaru: Aren't you bored waiting out here?

——————————————

Subaru poured him a cup and then poured himself one. I declined because If Ram finds out, I can just blame it all on Subaru 👀... Or at the very least, I won't get in as much trouble because I'm not the one who drank it...

Old Man: It tastes lovely. I feel as though I'm indulging in a great luxury.

Subaru: It's actually the most expensive tea in the mansion. If the pink-haired maid learns we drank some without permission, she'll flip.

Old Man: So? What is it you hope to gain from this old man, using such precious bait?

(Y/N): Hehe, saw right through us... We only wanted to know the reason for the visit.

Quinella: <There is a much easier method to do that you know~>

(Y/N): *Shush.*

Subaru: As he says, if you could just give us a vague Idea...

Old Man: As I have no idea what your standing is in this mansion, I cannot say anything careless. Please understand.

Subaru: Ahh...

Old Man: However, I did see that you are quite close to Emilia-sama.

Subaru: Did it look like things were serious between Emilia-tan and me?!

There he goes again...

Old Man: "Tan"?... It is a steep path you climb. You are dealing with one who may be Lugunica's future queen.

Subaru: Right now, we're just a super cute girl and a useless servant boy. You probably think your wife is the prettiest girl in the world. Isn't that what you thought when you proposed to her?