Chapter 10

- Meanwhile in Birmingham - 

"Olivia? What the bloody hell is taking so long, eh?" shouted a man. He had a strong and loud Brummie accent. This man had a broad moustache and fair hair. The sides of his hair were shaved, as a few strands of long hair on the top fell onto his face. His eyes were of a muddy turquoise colour, accentuated by his soft lashes. His features were striking: his neck was thin but his jawline and cheekbones were sharp. He had a mature appearance, due to the faint wrinkles and veins that had appeared on his body, most likely due to the war. He wore a finely cut suit paired with a dusty black jacket. The jacket had stains on it, which one might assume was mud if it weren't for the rich crimson colour it had.

"Is that wine or blood?" called out Olivia smiling, as she descended the stairs of the house into the gambling room where he was seated.  She walked over to him and pulled the whiskey bottle from his rough hand as he sat slouched in front of her, resting an injured arm on the table. She pulled his jacket off crouched down in front of him to and examine the wound. "And don't shout at me," she crooned, poking him teasingly on his wound. He grunted. 

"Give me my whiskey back," he said roughly. 

"No, I'll need it to disinfect the wound." 

Olivia opened the sleeve button of the man's shirt, revealing a sliced forearm. She poured whiskey onto a cloth and started rubbing it into his injury. He winced slightly. 

"Is this really necessary?" he grumbled, eyeing the unfinished bottle of whiskey.

"Of course it is," she snapped. He sighed, and then turned his gaze to her as he watched her wipe the blood from his arm. He leaned forwards and pressed a rough kiss to her lips. He smelt like alcohol. As the kiss broke, he whispered against her lips, "Is your sister as good a kisser as you?"

"Arthur Shelby, do you ever stop?" She pushed him away with an annoyed look, as he teased her. 

Then a powerful and cold male voice rang suddenly through the house from the front door, and everything seemed to go quiet.

"Arthur, we're leaving now. Olivia, I believe you have business to attend to. Remember to tell Polly not to expect us back till Friday. And I don't want any unwanted visitors while we're gone, am I clear?" 

Both Arthur and Olivia stared silently at each other, and then responded in chorus;

"Yes Tommy."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -