Chapter 20: The Game has Changed as the Raven Flies Overhead

The Raven Flies above it all
Black as night invisible sight
To Strike with utmost surprise

A Raven Flies Overhead
The world shall learn
The world shall change

Walking through the camp of vigilantes superheroes and those wishing to escape the vile clutches of Ember I could not help but hope for a better life, I had almost been killed by an Ember operative but luckily no one saw me escape the building just before it collapsed, giving me the opportunity to plan my next move.

I was only puzzled over this for a few hours when it suddenly hit me as if it was as clear as day staring me right in the face. No Ember operative would be able to take on a superhero this way. Looking back I was proud of the accomplishment. Yet I was saddened, around me these people could not go above ground for fear of what may happen if they are seen, spotted, these heroes were not as strong as they should be.

Through the backing of influential people across the country and the world this movement I wish to set in motion only needs the spark to light the fire.

That fire is John Doe, the man UnOrdinary was written for.

"Are you sure about this Charles...what if she doesn't want to talk to me?"

"Narisa, we went over what to say, and what to do if she says no. If we try to force it she and will hate you more, while john will put as much space between you two if he sees her uncomfortable"

"Alright Charles here I go"

Walking up the steps to the house I held out my shaking hand and rang the doorbell, each second after it rang was almost an eternity waiting as the door opened to see Seraphina there.

"Mother?" She sounded surprised? I guess that's a good sign maybe.

"Hello Seraphina" I was trying to sound happy, inviting and welcoming instead of my cold and unforgiving tone while letting my face smile and show more emotion. Suddenly her face changed from confusion to anger.

"What do you want now...another forced marriage perhaps or-"

"Your father's cheating, I'm leaving him!" I shouted out before I could let her finish before I broke down in tears before her.

"Mother?" suddenly she pulled me into a hug, "Mother I-" Seraphina stopped in her tracks as her mother broke down before she registered. The tough women she had assumed had no emotions at all had broken down in tears as she clung to her daughter.

'Is this woman really my Mother?'

"Sera? What's going- " Seraphina turned her head to see John standing where he stood with the same look of shock and confusion she wore across her face. Soon enough Narisa stopped crying and pulled herself from Seraphina.

"I'm sorry Seraphina I- '' Suddenly looking into her daughter's eyes Narisa lost her courage to talk to her daughter, turning away suddenly, "I should go '' To which Charles appeared in the doorway blocking Narisa's escape.

"You need to talk to her Narisa" Charles placed his hands on her shoulders as she visibly relaxed, something both John and Seraphina didn't miss as they glanced at one another.

"What the hell is going on here?" Seraphina asked the two who didn't get a chance to answer before John beat them to it.

"They went to school together, and it looks like we're more than friends. Am I right Uncle Vaughn?" John was stern in his accusation as Narisa turned around shocked as Charles simply smiled and laughed.