let's just stay like this

Sunny didn't expect such an answer from Basil.

He only asked that because he was curious, now he's facing the consequences. His cheeks felt hot to touch. He couldn't face Basil; he was too embarrassed to look at him right now. He wondered what his reaction was. Laughing at him, maybe?

He cleared his throat. "T-That -- um, I...you..." He cleared his throat again.

Basil laughed. "Are you stuttering...?"

"N-No!"

This was amusing for the flower boy. For Sunny to make an expression like that -- it's like once in a blue moon. No -- this was his first time, actually. He wished he brought his camera. This was a good memory to look back on.

As he laughed, Sunny took a peek of him.

He looked so pretty, so cute. It made him smile. But when Basil noticed he was looking, he instantly turned his gaze away.

"Why are you being so shy?" Basil asked. He was genuinely confused.

"B-Because...! You...you're so..." Sunny buried his face in his hands. "You're so...cute..."

The blond stood up from the swing, and stood in front of him. He removed Sunny's hands from his face, smiling.

"If you think I'm so cute, look at me then."

Sunny could not take this anymore.

He pulled him close to him, hugging him tightly, as if he was never gonna let go. He sitting on the swing still, so his head was at a level enough to hear the boy's heartbeat.

This took Basil by surprised.

He hugged back, patting his head.

"Have...have I won yet?"

"...when you do, I'll tell you directly. For now...let's just...stay like this..."

"I understand, Sunny."

The rest of the day went by, and both of them had to go home, despite not wanting to.

--

Basil was inside his room with his pen and notebook.

He was being extremely cute today. I think I kinda caught him off guard with what I said...I just rambled, honestly...I stopped myself before I could say more though. I could write everything about what I love about him, and how much I do, and what makes him so loveable...but I think I'd rather leave it on my mind. I don't think I'll run out of things to say. Is this what it means to be in love...? Am I really in love? I feel so happy inside. We hugged earlier...not really something new for us, but it was different this time. I think I can fulfill his request. I can make him like me. I'm not sure if that's what he really wants, or if he's just confused for now, but I'll take those thoughts away and focus on the positive things! He's like my pretty little sunflower...

He closed his diary, placing it on the desk beside his bed.

He really likes Sunny.

--

In another house in Faraway Town, a boy is deep in his thoughts.

It was Sunny's first time feeling something like that. Perhaps some of his heartbeats were for Basil, but he couldn't know for sure. There was still something stopping him. The doubts of the boy stayed for the remaining night. But whenever he was with him, all he wanted was to be able to call him Mine. His head was split into two; he wished there was just someone or something he can explain his feelings to, and maybe even help him untangle his messy thoughts.

But for now, he's considering...

Maybe he likes him after all.