i'm here, dummy

The sound of the cafe door's bells almost startled Basil.

When he looked back, it was, as if the world wanted to see him melt into a puddle, Sunny — with Kel.

"What do you think Hero wants?" Kel asked, walking towards the barista.

"I don't know. You're the brother."

"You're the friend!"

Basil didn't want Sunny to notice him, but to his dismay, Aubrey called them out.

"Sunny! Kel!"

Both the boys turned around. A smile appeared on Sunny's lips when he saw them.

"You go ahead and order the drinks," Sunny said. "I'll leave it up to you."

"Hey, don't leave —"

But he was already gone.

He sat next to Basil, because that's what felt natural to him. The blond, however, could not even look him in the eyes.

"What's wrong with him?" Sunny asked Aubrey. She looked like she was trying so hard not to laugh and just shrugged.

He held both Basil's shoulders, forcing him to face him. "I'm here, dummy. Where are you looking at?"

Why does Sunny make it hard for Basil to live? He turned away again, afraid that he'd see his flushed face.

"Well, if you're gonna be like that..." Sunny yawned. He took Basil's arm, hugging it, and laid his head on his shoulder. "I'm sleepy."

Basil doesn't understand why this suddenly has a different meaning for him. Sunny has always done this to him, and he did the same. Skinship was something they weren't afraid to do to each other. They saw girls do it all the time, with Aubrey and her friends, so they saw no reason as to why they couldn't do it too... but if Sunny keeps this up, it'll be harder for Basil to control his growing feelings.

Kel came with drinks, and a take-out one for Hero.

"Ugh, you two, being all lovey-dovey in the cafe."

Sunny opened his eyes. It seemed like he actually fell asleep for a while.

"Are you jealous? Do you want me to be lovey-dovey with you, too?"

"Ew, gross!"

The four of them laughed, and this was the type of moment Basil loved. He's so glad to see Sunny the way he is today. Maybe he can accept all his feelings little by little.

Time passed inside that cafe. It was time for them to leave.

When the flower boy got home, the first thing he did was continue his diary.

January 20

A lot of things happened today...I felt so many emotions at once. Aubrey accidentally find out I liked Sunny, and the reason how she knew -- I'd rather not talk about it. But anyway, she comforted me...and somehow I just feel more valid. Like it's okay for me to like him...I think. I'm not gonna stop myself from feeling this way anymore. Okay...I think I made up my mind. Before he leaves, I want to confess to him.

Closing his diary, he drifted off to sleep. A nap before dinner.

--

Sunny was staring at the wall. He was thinking. Basil's been acting really strange around him, and he's not sure why. Kel was busy playing his games, so Sunny turned off the console.

"Hey -- what gives!?" he felt his life crush down. He was on the verge of beating the Lvl. 90 boss that all his friends say they couldn't beat. He wanted to punch Sunny.

"Important question: Does Basil hate me? Is there something you know that I don't?"

"What kind of question is that?" the brown haired boy turned the console on again.

"No, because, he acts differently again now. Like he doesn't want to see me or face me. He looks like he feels nervous whenever I'm with him. Did I accidentally do something that, I don't know, maybe offended him?"

"No idea, bro. Ask him yourself and leave my game alone."

"You're useless," he joked.

"You're a prick!"

"Now, now," Hero arrived, bringing the snacks he just made. It was supposedly dinner time, but oh well -- the boys were having fun together. They can move it for later. Looking at Sunny, he's so proud of his growth. He used to be really silent, aloof. Now he can joke around with Kel like a brother. He thinks...that's what he needed the most. A new sibling figure. Hero wasn't sure how to fulfill it, but he wants to be a big brother for Sunny too. Right, Mari? he thought. "What's all the ruckus?"

"Sunny's asking some useless questions!"

"Useless...question?"

Sunny turned to Hero. "Be honest, does Basil hate me?"

"Ah...that really is a useless question, Sun. Of all people, do you really think Basil could do that?" Hero took a bite of his own cookies. "I think he likes you the most out of all of us."

"Yeah! Like you're his flower!" Kel said, but he was busy focusing on his game.

"His flower...?"

"What Kel meant to say was," Hero ruffled Sunny's hair. "You should see how much he cares of you."

Sunny wasn't sure what that meant. He should probably talk to Basil tomorrow.