i'll see you tomorrow, maybe

January 21st

I'm bored. I miss Sunny.

Basil looked around his room, unable to write anything that isn't about Sunny. He did tell himself that he's not gonna stop his feelings anymore, but ever since then, they just grew more and more, and all his thoughts are filled with the boy that stole his heart.

Sunny, on the other hand, invited Kel to go to Basil with him. He declined. So he went there on his own.

Knocking on the door, he thought Polly would open it, but it was the flower boy himself.

"Sunny?"

It took everything in him to not die.

"Oh, hey -- can I hang?"

"You...you don't have to ask," he laughed nervously. "Come in."

The first thing Sunny did was lie on the couch. He said he's still tired from staying up last night.

"What kept you up?" Basil asked. He was...a little far from Sunny though.

"Nothing. Just thinking. And why are you there? Come sit here."

"But you're laying there."

"There's room."

Sunny repositioned himself to make more room for Basil. "Here."

Basil did as he said, and as soon as he sat down...

"S-Sunny!?"

He laid his head on Basil's lap, closing his eyes.

"Why do you seem so distant from me lately? You know I don't like that. It...makes me scared."

"Scared...?"

He opened his eyes again, looking straight into the boy's blue eyes. He noticed how pretty it was.

"We're back together as best friends again. I guess I'm just kinda scared of the past...and the chance of it happening again."

Basil giggled softly. "That's silly. I'd never let that happen. Didn't we promise to stay with each other forever now?"

"Promise it again."

"H..Huh?"

Sunny took Basil's hand, putting it on his chest. Basil could feel his heartbeat. It was slow, steady, like calming waves of the ocean.

"I want you to tell me you'd never leave."

He was getting extremely sleepy, his words were starting to sound muffled.

"No matter what happens, I'll always stay with you."

"Mm..nnh..thanks..."

He was half-asleep at this point.

"Sunny?"

"Mmyeah..? Zz.."

"If I told you I like you, what would you do?"

He didn't get a response; he'd already fallen asleep. Basil laughed softly. He realised how he isn't really nervous whenever Sunny is actually with him. His presence really is comforting...

Time passed, and Sunny jolted awake.

"Ah -- what time is it?"

"Late afternoon. Good morning, Sunny."

"I'm so sorry, Basil, I just slept...I have to go..."

The flower boy smiled. "We don't need to do anything to enjoy our time together."

As Sunny walked towards the door, he turned back to him.

"Also, I wouldn't mind the idea."

Basil tilted his head in confusion.

"Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow, maybe! Bye!"

And there he went. What did he mean he wouldn't mind? Mind what?

...

"Wait..."

Realisation struck the boy with a crush.