02 | 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Sienna Grace walked into Matt's apartment

Sienna Grace walked into Matt's apartment. She noticed the bright and intense LED sign outside his window. She walked closer to the window and watched as ads popped up on the large screen- changing every few seconds. "I got a discount on this apartment because of that sign." Matt chuckled as he hung his jacket on the coat-rack. Sienna Grace turned to him as he walked into the main area. She nodded. "That must've been nice." She replied. Matt nodded his head. "Yeah- a lot of people didn't like this apartment just because of the sign. . .but you know, being blind; it doesn't really bother me." He laughed quietly. Sienna Grace smiled. She hesitated asking a question that bothered her. Matt picked up what she was feeling. "Do you need any extra clothes or anything? You can borrow a shirt or anything if you need too, Sienna Grace." Matt smiled. Sienna Grace's eyes widened.

How did he always know what was running through her mind?

"Uh- yes please, that would be really nice. Thank you." She murmured. Matt nodded and walked into his room. Sienna Grace looked around his clean and organized apartment. The colors and decor matched Matt almost perfectly. She admired how beautiful his apartment was. Matt walked out of his room with his tie untied and draped over his shoulder and the top few buttons of his shirt were loose. He held a gray hoodie and handed it to Sienna Grace. "Thank you." She smiled, grabbing his soft gray hoodie he had provided for her. Matt nodded. She turned around hesitantly and slipped off her shirt and put on the hoodie. Matt felt around, looking for his couch. He sat down on the corner and leaned his head back- almost like he was in pain. Sienna Grace sat beside him, grabbing a pillow to put on her lap and sit comfortably. "Been a long day, huh?" She scoffed.

Matt raised his head and angled over towards her. "Yeah. . . no- yeah, I've- I've had a rough few days." He sighed quietly. Sienna Grace nodded in agreement. "At least it's only a few bad days. . .not a bad life." She smiled, shrugging. Matt scoffed softly. Sienna Grace did have a point, but she wouldn't understand.

If only she knew.

"I'm sorry, I get how you feel. I mean. . .new city, new people, new everything. It's undeniably stressful." She muttered. Matt laid his arm on the back of the couch. Sienna Grace looked over at Matt. She couldn't lie- he was an attractive man. "So, Matt. . .how did you and Foggy meet?" She asked softly. Matt glanced over her way. He laughed sweetly, remembering all the stupid yet iconic memories they had made together over the several years they've spent together. "I met him in our freshman year of college, we were roommates and both majoring in law, and we just sort of. . .clicked. We hung out every day, we were inseparable." Matt chuckled. Sienna Grace grinned happily. He looked so good when he was smiling. She noticed a thin red line across his shoulder. She furrowed her brows. "H- how did you get that?" She pointed to the scar. Matt furrowed his brows. "Get what?" He asked. Sienna Grace scoffed. "Right- sorry. The scar on your shoulder. . .what happened?" She asked softly. Matt sighed and leaned back.

"Oh," he sputtered his lips. "I got this when I was younger, around twelve or thirteen. . .I uh- I ran under a tree without paying attention and a stick scraped my shoulder and cut me and it ended up giving me a scar." Matt scoffed, slightly shrugging as if it were absolutely ridiculous. Sienna Grace shook her head slightly. "But, Matt, it looks fresh?" She muttered. Matt cleared his throat and moved uncomfortably in his seat.

Was Matt lying?

"It- it's nothing. . .I'm alright, really. It's nothing to worry about Sienna." Matt sighed. She rolled her eyes and laid her head back on the couch- feeling all of the exhaust from the long day wash over her quickly. "Were you born blind, or did something else happen?" She asked quietly, looking over at him. He shook his head slightly. "I lost my eyesight when I was nine." He sighed. "I pushed a man out of the way of a truck, and that car crashed as it tried to avoid me. There was a chemical in the back of the truck and that chemical spilled into my eyes. . .and ever since then, I've been legally blind." Matt explained. Sienna Grace looked at him, curious as ever. "Did the chemical change anything else with you, besides your eyesight?" She asked. Matt scoffed and shook his head once again. "No, no not at all- it just made me blind." He laughed. Sienna Grace furrowed her brows. She sat in silence, wondering if she should ask a question that's been bothering her for her whole life. She almost felt nervous- like her question could offend Matt.

"W- what does everything look like for you?" She asked softly. Matt turned to her. He tried to find the best possible words to describe it for her. Matt sat in silence, trying to piece together a sentence that would make sense. "It- it's difficult to explain, Sienna Grace." He stuttered. She looked at him, seeing his face make expressions as if he was still trying to find the right words. "The only way I could think of to explain it to you would be. . .it- it looks like the world is on fire." He muttered. Sienna Grace noticed his eyes through his glasses- skimming all around her. He had the most beautiful and addicting hazel eyes. "Wow. . .that- that must be really weird?" Sienna Grace hesitated, not knowing how to respond. Matt snickered. "Yeah, yeah it kind of is. I've gotten used to it." He nodded, smiling.

That gorgeous smile.

Sienna Grace nodded and looked up at the ceiling. Her eyelids started to feel heavy and her body started to weaken. She feel a wave of sleepiness wash over her. Sienna Grace slowly closed her eyes and exhaled a deep breath- finally able to relax after a long day. Matt noticed she was starting to drift off to sleep. He waited until she was fully asleep to move up from the couch- not wanting to wake his guest.

He softly stood up and took off his red glasses- putting them in his shirt pocket. He grabbed a fluffy black blanket from his closet and laid Sienna Grace down on his couch and draped the blanket over her. Matt grabbed an extra pillow from another seat and gently slid it under her head- pushing away loose strands of hair that laid on her cheek. He grinned, knowing that she was almost perfectly safe with him. Matt walked away and back into his room and walked to his closet. He grabbed a pair it black sweats, a black shirt, black army boots, and a thin black cloth that wrapped around his head that covered only his eyes and above. He quickly changed and hid the thin black cloth in his pocket. Matt quietly walked out of his room, he walked over to check on Sienna Grace. He heard her steady and gentle heartbeat.

"Goodnight. . .Sienna Grace." Matt whispered.