Part 1

Warnings: this is a tragedy, so get ready to be sad. This story contains homophobia in it (no slurs though) and some cursing. Other than that, you're good! Hope you like it, salties! >~<

A dark skinned boy glared at the still, bright stars dotted on the large stretch of black sky. At least, that's what he THOUGHT it was, but he could never be sure. There was always something strange about this place. Maybe it was the fact that everywhere he looked, whether behind, in front, below, above, there was always the familiar and endless stretch of... whatever it was. Maybe it was the strange feeling of floating, yet at the same time having your feet planted on the ground. As if your head was up, up, up (wherever up was, in this place), yet your shoes still stayed in contact with the.... floor? Sky? It was something that would be confusing to any average person. And to the not-so-average, as Aaron was far from normal.

Aaron continued to stare, eyebrows furrowed, frustration reaching every limb in his body, at the blank spot in front of him. A sense of anticipation was crawling under his skin, waiting, for what? He couldn't remember. Or rather, he knew but couldn't quite put his finger on it.

His feet tapped impatiently on the... expanse below him, the anxiety of not doing anything for what seemed like forever (and maybe it was?) rushing in his veins.

Maybe time DIDNT exist in the place. Or was this a place? Was this everywhere, or was it nowhere? Was he alive, was he dead? Who knew. Certainly not the now-almost-shaking-from-aggravation boy, still glaring at the one spot as he waited, and waited, and waited.

"Dammit!" the boy finally yelled, throwing his hands up, glaring at the blackness. "What is it I'm waiting for! Why am I here?! Why can't this just be over with so I can—"

"Aaron. Turn the fuck around, you lunatic."

A strange feeling was then aroused in Aaron. A feeling of recognition, yet complete unfamiliarity. Of love, of hate. Of confusion, yet complete understanding.

He turned around, slowly, to face what appeared to be another boy. This one had his arms crossed, a smirk lifting up one corner of his lips. His hair was reaching almost to his shoulders, accompanied with a light brown color that made his bright-green eyes and milk-white skin pop. He had a very sharp jaw-line; it made him look both extremely handsome and extraordinarily beautiful at the same time. His lips were almost red, and his snarky and slightly annoyed look almost made him all the more satisfying to the eyes.

"....Mason. Sorry, I forgot what I was doing," Aaron said blankly, blinking a few times when he suddenly remembered, he DID know this boy, but from where?

Mason laughed, a shrill sound that cut through the silence, filling a sudden feeling of... something, inside Aaron's heart.

"You NEVER know what you're doing," the pale boy replied, and for a moment, Aaron swore he saw an emotion cross the boys face, almost like... sadness. But no, that couldn't be right, for when he blinked, the smirk was back, and his arms were still crossed.

"What... where am I? I feel like I should know, but..." Aaron started, fidgeting nervously.

Mason's smirk grew wider, and he suddenly stepped forward, making Aaron flinch away.

"Looks like I have to explain, agai—" Mason stooped, studying Aaron's face. "Looks like I have to explain," he quickly corrected himself.

The dark skinned boy's eyebrows raised. "Again?"

"No, no, you must have heard me wrong." There it was again, that almost pained expression, quickly being guarded as soon as it appeared.

"Well... get on with it then, what do you have to explain?"