10

mmm ok so i'm gonna use my fanfics and more specifically this one to work on my writing skills so i'm gonna end up playing with different pov's and u can tell me what u like and i'm gonna play around a little with my writing style. i went into this story with a very surface level plan but from this point forward i'm going to try and grow the plot more intricately with more originality. hopefully the progress will be evident to y'all agehdhhwhr. i'm going to go back and revise past chapters so that they fit into my narrative more fluidly and just portray what i'm trying to put down betterrr. anyway LOL enjoy losers

OO I AM INFURIATED WITH THIS MAN RN BUT ILL FINISH THIS CHAPTER ANYWAY >:(

Chapter Ten

The Zen'in's are a powerful family with ties that string like a spiderweb in vast direction. Becoming joint with this family has led to hearing very inside news on events and other agendas. Sukuna was quite the topic recently, the regal man who possessed no mercy. Men, women, children murdered in mass. Some bodies burned, others clean sliced. Some bodies had been positioned, like some sort of sadistic art.

That is not where the tragedy ends- women keep turning up missing, a pattern being held in the disappearances lead those to believe the malicious Ryomen Sukuna has a hand (or four lol) in the unfortunate events.

The Zen'in clan, along with other main families, held meetings to discuss what to do about their predicament. Sukuna posed a threat to the Jujutsu world and needed to be stopped. The most powerful sorcerer gone rogue and it was beginning to feel as though there was no one in this life time to put an end to him.

My step-father spoke of these matters at the table from time to time. The bloody song of Sukuna rang in my ears as I ate quietly, taking in the melody I knew very well already. Though no one knew of my meetings with the monster of a man, so as to keep it that way I sat and acted as if every tale was the first of me hearing it.

"We're in the process of locating his lodgings." Aoi stated. "Even monsters need shelter." He took an exhale before consuming his fill of food.

"And nothing so far-?" My mother spoke in a tone that suggested judgment. Hina Zen'in, the women who placed me into this world, is nothing short of narrow minded. Her in-acceptance for failure did not stop at me, but reached even to her husband.

"We aren't aware of the extent of this man's abilities. How far his ability to warp may take him. His retreat could be anywhere and for someone who has so much cursed energy, he is great at covering it up. Tracking him is near impossible, he takes clear precautions."

Is it wrong that I sit at this table and root for the antagonist? I suppose morally that i should feel at least a tinge of sorrow for their failed, lengthy efforts. For all the souls who have perished and smooshed under the raging foot of Sukuna. Perhaps if I had that moral then I would even provide to the conversation, that I would say 'I hope you catch him, he deserves ten fold what he has done to the innocent mass!' But no, instead I hear frustration in my step-fathers tone, watch the way his brows contort and feel the need to hold back a smirk that twitched in the corner of my mouth.

I hold my breath a moment. The talk of Sukuna only made me antsy to be with him. This is what I'm talking about, who am I to consider myself a 'good person' when i relish in the company of a murderer? But would it be fair to call me a 'bad person'? I am not the hand who rips out hearts.

The overwhelming urge to grab him the moment I see him and warn him of the sorcerers hunting him down consumed me. Except, extra precautions could look like him leaving. Moving onto terrorizing further villages. Unreachable villages. Sukuna was not my only friend but there was something that differentiated him from Kaito. Perhaps it was the quenching feeling in my stomach I tend to get when I think of finally doing something to please Sukuna. The desperation to see his face change from one of disgust to one of pride. Even if it were a glimmer of it, it would be exceptional compared to the usual indifference.