06

Chapter six

"The Gojos?" You ask with a slight head tilt. You sit at the dining table with your mother and step-father.

"Yes. The Zen'in and Gojo clans are having a little- gathering. I'd like it for you and your mother to attend this. It'd be good for the two of you to become familiar with my clan, as well as our ties." Aoi stated, eating at his breakfast.

You wondered if Kaito would be taking part in the gathering as well. The idea of having someone you were familiar and comfortable with eased your nerves.

"You will spend today getting ready for the event, no going into town today. You will look presentable" Your mother started. "A few maids will assist you in getting ready, hurry on once you're done with your food"

"Yes mother"

-

"My lady, you look stunning. Let me finish making your face and you can run along to show your mother." The maid complimented.

You stood in your twelve layer jūnihitoe as the maid finishes up your makeup with soft brushes. The feeling of the brushes felt good on your face.

It disappointed you that you'd be unable to see Sukuna today but you doubted he'd care as much as you did.

The second maid smoothed out the cloth that lay on you before telling you that you were ready to go.

You step into the hall and walk down to the main room where your mother and her husband wait for you.

"You look stunning, honey" Your mom compliments. You only looked stunning because you wore what she wanted you to. You personally felt like it was over the top but who cares how you felt.

You take a carriage to where the event was taking place. Upon arriving, you were helped out of the carriage by a man that worked for the Gojo clan.

"Good evening, Aoi. This must be your wife and her daughter? Such beauty is indeed easy on the eye." A man introduced himself to you as you walked into the building, bowing to the three of you. "My name is Gojo Kenji, the head of the Gojo clan. There is my wife Aki, and with her is my son, Kaito."

You look in the direction he was pointing to see Kaito sitting with a woman who had been announced to be his mother. They looked very alike, you could tell he received a lot of her genes.

"Kaito! Come greet more of our guests-!" Kenji called out to his son who sprung up at his fathers call and made his way to you.

Kaito bows at you and your little family, his gaze lingering on you before his father speaks up.

"It seems our children are about the same age. Why don't you two run along and get to know each other?" His father suggests. You both nod, excusing yourselves.

"Well well...." Kaito speaks up, his head turning to yours. The room was large, filled with formally dressed individuals who conversed under the music. "I didn't know i'd see a familiar face here."

"Surprise" You give a cheeky smile and embrace your friend.

Your parents watch you two converse into further conversion, exchanging pleased looks. "They seem to be hitting it off nicely" Kenji mentions.