Chapter Thirty-four

Começar do início

Catch nods his head in agreement to his brother.

"Aww I'm not hungry though can we please keep riding them?" Kohl pouts.

Knox coughs and Kohl directs his attention to him. They seem to have a silent conversation one that I have no clue what's being said in but for some reason, Cage and Catch seem to.

What is going on?

"Oh! Okay Dad I am suddenly hungry now. Bye!"

Catch leads them all to the barn, to put the horses in their stalls I presume, and then comes back out with Midnight and Moonlight the two Arabian horses Cage and I named, already saddled. He silently hands them off to Cage by the reins and then leads the boys to the house.

"I'll teach you how to ride Moonlight. She's really gentle and prefers strolls over running. We taught Knox and Kohl how to ride her first, because of that," Cage leads the horses into the fenced-in area, then ties Midnight up to one of the posts so he doesn't run while Cage is trying to teach me. "Alright come here Sugar. Okay, so how to mount the horse what you're going to do is stand on the left side of the horse then put your left foot on the stirrup. Which is this thing right here. Once you got your foot on it grab onto the horn and then jump up and try to throw your right leg over the saddle."

I give what he said a try and the first attempt doesn't go so well, my foot slips out of the stirrup and I would have fallen on my butt if Cage wasn't there to catch me.

"It's okay try it again I know you'll get it."

I try it again and this time I do get my leg up and over the horse, being way up here though makes me nervous.

"Now what?" I ask and look down at Cage who's sporting a proud smile on that handsome face of his.

"Now, here take the reins hold on to them fairly tightly and then what you're going to do is give it a light tug to get Moonlight's attention. Once you have her attention you are just going to hug her with your calves and then she should go forward unless she wants to be stubborn," Cage hands me the reins and then I do as he instructed.

Moonlight begins to move and my eyes widen in alarm unsure of how fast the horse will go, but much to my relief she keeps to a leisurely stroll. I start to enjoy it now that I know she won't try to go any faster than this. It's actually quite fun, riding a horse is something I never saw myself doing but I'm so glad I did.

I love it.

Cage goes over to Midnight and unties him, then he walks over to the gate that let's you into the fenced-in area and opens it.

"Come on Rory let's take a ride down to the pond," Cage gets up onto his horse and waits for me to get to his side before he takes off. "So what do you think of riding so far?"

"It's fun I was nervous at first cause you can't exactly know what she's thinking, but I love riding. It was never something I saw myself doing before."

We arrive at the pond and Cage gets off his horse and ties him to a tree, so Midnight doesn't run then comes over and helps me down before doing the same with Moonlight.

The pond is still just as beautiful as I remember it to be. It's a murky dark green color but every time the sun peaks out from in between the cloud it sparkles on top like a bunch of diamonds. Even with all of the trees being bare of leaves because of winter they still make this place look stunning. I bet it would look even better in the spring or summer.

"You know when I first came back to town I never thought I would see you again, and then I over heard someone talking about this new desert you made and that they had to try it. It could have been someone else named Rory but I knew it in my gut that it was you," Cage sits down on a large rock near the pond and I sit down next to him. "I kind of figured you would hate me and would tell me to go away when I you saw me but it was a chance I was willing to take because I had to see you. I was expecting anger or to be brushed off not a cupcake in the face, which was delicious by the way now that I actually had the chance to try one a while back."