Chapter 1 - Meeting

Moonlight rays of ebony, shinning down on the familiar face. Dark obsidian eyes, a hooked, noble nose, sharp cheek bones, a strong, chiseled jaw, and silky smooth black hair. He laid there in the light, basking in the moon's rays. "P-Professor? Is that you?" A quiet, enthralling, melodic voice called out to the surly looking man clad in dark dress robes.

"Who's there?" He called back his voice like rocky velvet, smooth but deep.

"I-I thought you were dead..." Her voice wavered, feet glued to their spots. She sounded like the lost little girl she used to be the first time she came there.

"A lot of people did, I wonder if I should have stayed dead." He thought aloud, not caring who heard at the moment.

"I-I I missed you, sir." She mumbled out. Tears threatened to spill but she somehow managed to keep them at bay.

"Really now, Miss Granger?" He all but sneered at the young woman as he stood up from the grass, by the black lake.

"Yes, I did. I don't know about anyone else but I certainly did." She tried to fight the feeling but couldn't help it. The young with moved forward wrapping her arms tightly around her former Potion's Master. As soon as she realized what she had done she froze, the professor was rigid. Hermione let out a small hiccup, trying not to cry but here he was, alive, and she was hugging him to make sure of it. The Potions Master sighed and carefully wrapped his arms around the trembling girl- no she was a woman now.

"Alright, come now, don't start leaking on me now, Miss Granger." The man clad in black said with a sigh.

"P-Professor Snape, I-I'm sorry I just didn't know if you were real or not..." Hermione admitted, trying to get out of his arms but Professor held her close to him.

"It's alright, Hermione. Shush, it's okay." He told her, gently running his fingers through her hair.

"May I call y-you Severus, then?" She asked quietly as she laid her head on his chest. He had held her like this once before when he found her crying on the floor of the dungeons by his quarters. Severus merely nodded his head in the affirmative. "I was so upset to see you there. I-I tried to save you, but Harry and Ron said you were already gone, they dragged me away. I d-don't think I got back on my feet for at least three weeks." Hermione mumbled against his chest.

"Why would you be upset over someone like me, Hermione?" He asked looking down into her honey colored eyes, if he looked close enough he could see the gold flakes.

"B-Because, Severus, I cared- no I care for you. I have for a while now Severus..." She admitted with a faint blush, Severus just looked down at her as if she had grown another head.

"Miss Granger, I don't think that is very wise..." He muttered and her eyes widened then glazed over with emotion. "Oh no, no more tears, please, Hermione." 'I can't bare to see it.' But he didn't say it aloud although his voice was slightly weak.

"I-I should p-probably go..." Hermione looked down and went to move, but Severus' grip on her didn't let up the slightest, in fact if anything, it tightened around her.

"Probably, but that doesn't mean you have to." Severus said faintly. His many years as a spy was telling him to let her go, push her away, not to let himself get attached or ultimately hurt like what happened with Lily.

"D-do you want me to s-stay?" The young witch asked in disbelief.

"Yes." Was all he said in response, with that Hermione moved her arms, which had come to rest against his chest, and wrapped them around his neck as she pulled him to her fiercely.