secrets

You had another dream about him, cursing when you woke up once again. you took a cold shower, much to your dismay, but still couldn't help the thoughts about him that crossed your mind.

Once you got to the bar you were greeted with a very tired looking Elliott. did that man ever stop working?

when he saw you, his demeanor changed quite the bit, suddenly he wasn't slouching anymore, avoiding eye contact with you, he seemed like he was trying his best to look wide awake and not. . . guilty.

"Is everything alright boss?" you asked as you cleaned the counters for the morning. no one ever stopped by this early except Natalie to book a room. she was such a sweet girl too.

"Nope. nothing's wrong. everything's perfectly fine." he spoke in a sing song voice, and you looked over at him weird.

"Alright then Disney. . ." you trailed off and continued, making sure none of the alcohols on the shelf were cracked.

he went quiet for a minute before interrupting your blissful silence.

"Hey, um, let's say you told somebody something that was supposed to be a secret that you thought they already knew. what would you do?" his voice, although a calm and collected had a bit of a panicked tone to it.

"I don't know, I've never been in that situation before. probably apologize to the person with the secret." your voice monotone and dim from the morning hours. 

"Ok, well. I'm sorry. i didn't know Octavio didn't know you liked him, "he stated very forward to you. you choked on your spit. 

"I'm sorry?! where did you get that information?!" you looked at him with wide eyes.

"Well, Renee in-informed me that Ramya told her that Anita told her that you had feelings for Octavio. and Makoa said he overheard you and Anita talking about you dreaming about him or something." he spoke quickly for the number of times that he stuttered. you stood there in shock.

"I'm sorry." he said again. 

"What did you tell him exactly?" you asked cautiously, hoping to revert this whole thing if he hadn't spilled much. 

"So, you do like him?!" his face lit up. "Is that why you were with him last night? was that a date?" his questions flowed so fast, you furrowed your brows and looked towards him sternly. when he caught your eye, his smile faded, and he cleared his throat. 

"Right, um. sorry. well, it started out with me asking why the two of you were out last night, then I mentioned that you liked him. I couldn't see his face but ill-my god I didn't know than man stu-uttered so much." you blushed and looked towards the counter. 

"Well, at least you didn't say too much." you said pursing your lips. 

"There wasn't much to say really." he stutter stepped as he contemplated what to say. "Hey, um, so does this mean you do like him? because if so..." he trailed off. 

you pursed your lips again, not wanting to admit to the growing feels you had about him. how often you thought to hanging out with him at the bar all the months before you grew interest in him. 

"You do!" he exclaimed at your silence, and you turned away from him, trying to occupy yourself with something to get him off your mind. 

"I never said that." you stated

"Yea, but you didn't not say it. didn't not? not. . . didn't say it. . ." he trailed off. 

you were silent, which lead him to continue talking, but you drained him out. focusing on other things. pathfinder hadn't stopped by to activate the bots yet, so you were left to clean up any spills they missed last night. 

you didn't speak much for the rest of the morning. or afternoon. Walter stopped by, ordered a round for whoever was in at the time, and you thanked him for the generous tip when he left. 

nearing the end of your shift you saw Octavio, quickly scurrying to the other side of the counter to take another person's drink you left him up to mirage.

Tae stopped by surprisingly, Natalie by his side, you decided to strike up a conversation, anything to keep you on that side of the counter. 

they finally got together, after months of waiting. you hadn't known the two well, but Natalie didn't hide her feelings for him at all. she held his hand as the two of them walked into the hallway leading to their rented room. 

when the three of you were talking, they seemed to make you forget why you even started a conversation in the first place. you stood there waiting for a hand to go up, seeing one out of the corner of your eye you walked over. 

"What'll it be?" you asked looking down to the cup you were cleaning out. 

"Oh, y'kow hermosa. my normal." you looked up, Octavio was Definitely tipsy, his eyes droopy as he seemed lost in thought staring into your eyes. you blushed and quickly glanced at the time. 

you cautiously reached to the top shelf, grabbing the vodka. "How many shots have you had?" you asked him. as you calmed your racing heart down you noticed a patch on his cheek his hand was covering. 

"Oh, Elliotts been given 'em to me since I got here." he giggled to himself, you furrowed your brows but decided not to say anything. "Would you mind if I stayed for the night? I had to quit a gig i had and as much as I don't like to admit it, I need sleep."

"it's your room, don't ask to sleep in your bed." he smiled brightly, and you blushed. he wasn't acting nearly as bad as you'd expected him to after hearing that you liked him. 

"Thanks, hermosa."

it pains me to write Wattson and crypto together lol, sorry to any shippers but I've always been a huge Wattane shipper myself.

art uploaded by La_Cat_apex on Pinterest.