feelings

Every time you heard the front doors open you caught yourself hoping it was him, cursing under your breath slightly every time as well. you were talking with a regular at the moment. she went on and on, something about the manufacturing of guns.

"Ey, if you don't want to listen to what I have to say that's fine." Anita spoke, drawing you out of your trans.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm a little lost in thought, "you said as your realized you were being a bit rude by ignoring her story. she nodded, looking towards you with a Solum look across her face.

"what's on your mind?" it took your back for a second realizing what she'd asked.

"Oh, um, just this dream I had last night. I wouldn't want to bore you with it."

"Well, how about you make me another one of these," she lifted her drink in the air. "And tell me about it?" you nodded your head, getting the shaker and ice.

"Well, I should start this off by saying I got kicked out of my house last night. Elliott offered I stay in his room, but we kept fighting over who would get the couch or bed. then Octavio butted in." you caught yourself sneaking thoughts of his kind gesture last night. "He offered hi room since he never sleeps and wouldn't've been using it for a few days so. i took the offer."

"Sorry to hear you got kicked it, it seems like you bounced back on your feet pretty quick though, especially for being so young, and working at a bar none the less."

"Tips are god like here, don't get me wrong. I don't think I'd want to work anywhere else in town with how friendly the staff is here, even if it's mostly made of robots." the both of you chuckled.

"Anyway. I um- I don't know why but I just dreamt of Octavio cuddling me and now I feel like a schoolgirl. I woke up this morning and assumed the dream was because of the smell of the sheets but I can't stop thinking about it. just one dream, that's all it takes to tip me over the edge," she chuckled.

"Well, I can't say that's ever happened to me before. especially over an adrenaline junkie like Octavio." you pursed your lips, knowing that she would say that.

"Yea, I'm just trying to think of anything but him at the moment." you handed her, the drink and cleaned up any spills that occurred.

"I wouldn't doubt him still, he's a good man. maybe not husband material, but I could see a few girls going after him, I myself am not all about guys though." you nodded thoughtfully.

a few hours passed, your shift was nearing its end, the bar crowded with people in late night celebrations. you couldn't tell when the door opened anymore, which was a good thing you guessed. now at least the hope of him showing up every second was lingering in the front of your mind.

as you got done serving a customer someone called you over.

"Ey, Chica, bring a couple rounds over here. top shelf vodka." you looked up at the person you'd secretly hoped would and wouldn't walk through the door all day.

you quickly pored two shots of vodka and slid them over to him smiling as he thanked you.

"How was the bed last night?" he asked after downing a shot.

"a little stiff, but I didn't mind. I felt pretty nice to lay down after that walk." you spoke casually, listening for anyone else at the bar that might've needed service.

he was quiet for a second, which was a little odd. you took you opportunity to speak.

"Thank you, again. it really means a lot to." her pursed his lips, sucking in a bit of air.

"it's nothing, anytime guapa." your head tilted slightly but you didn't say anything as you heard him say that. you didn't understand it but didn't entirely care at the same time.

after a serving a round to another customer you looked back over at him, noticing a few gashes on his hand as he raised it to fix his hair, talking to another patron. when he finished his conversation, you cut in.

"Was that there yesterday?" you pointed at his hand. he looked confused for a second before realizing what you meant.

"Oh, no. I swerved off the trail on my bike and took a bit of a toll." he chuckled to himself lightly. "Too bad though cuz Shes in the shop now. she should be fixed by tomorrow which is a bummer."

"I never knew you rode," you noted." i suppose it's not surprising though." he smiled.

"You ever ridden before?" he asked, you shook your head smiling a bit.

"Nah, kind of always wanted a bike though." you weren't looking, but he couldn't hide the smirk.

"podrías montarme como una bicicleta" he spoke quietly to himself, raising his eyes brows as if suggesting something before catching your attention. "You could take a ride on mine, idk if you'd be tall enough, maybe I could rent one for you." you blushed at the thought of him teaching you how to ride.

then another thought struck you that you thought was best to not mention. 

picture was uploaded by Apex Legends on twitter in a comic.