Chapter 17

Taehyung's Pov

I was peacefully immersed in slumber when the intrusive morning sunlight disrupted my tranquility, compelling me to shift to the other side

I was peacefully immersed in slumber when the intrusive morning sunlight disrupted my tranquility, compelling me to shift to the other side. Amidst the haze of drowsiness, an unfamiliar sound echoed — a soft "chan chan," accompanied by the delicate melody of bangles, or so it seemed. I squinted my eyes, opening them to behold my angel draped in a captivating red saree, meticulously preparing herself in front of the mirror. In that moment, breath escaped me as I found myself captivated by her ethereal beauty.

Perhaps sensing my gaze, she met my eyes and casually remarked, "Oh, you're awake." My mind, however, remained in a momentary stupor, enthralled by her traditional allure. Catching my silence, she offered an explanation, "My mummy suggested I wear a saree since we missed out on an Indian wedding. This is the least I could do." I managed a smile, assuring her, "Ah, no, it's okay. I was just... uh, actually, you look beautiful. Are sarees going to be your regular attire?" Not that I had any qualms; I merely wished to ensure her comfort.

A blush painted her cheeks at the compliment, followed by her reply, "No, I'm planning to wear this for just a week. After that, we have our office, so I'm not entirely sure about navigating in this attire without stumbling." Her candid statement prompted a chuckle from me.

Silent moments lingered as we exchanged glances. She cleared her throat, breaking the quietude, "Why don't you go and take a shower? Meanwhile, I'll assist eomma in the kitchen." I nodded, taking a step toward the bathroom, only to pivot back swiftly, placing a quick kiss on her forehead. Chuckling at her startled expression, I proceeded into the bathroom, leaving her momentarily bewildered.

**Y/N's Pov**

Reality felt like a dream. The person known for his stoic demeanor was not only sharing laughter with me but had also planted a gentle kiss on my forehead. While he had always displayed a certain softness, a professional boundary lingered between us until today. Leaving these thoughts aside, I headed to the kitchen, ensuring cautious steps to avoid any unexpected stumbles.

"Dear, you look so beautiful!" Eomma's admiration met me as I entered the kitchen. Responding with a shy thank you, I redirected the conversation to the task at hand, "But I'm here to help you with breakfast. Could you tell me what I should make?" Uncertain about their culinary preferences, I sought guidance.

Eomma led me to the kitchen counter, offering suggestions, "Tae enjoys Japchae, and everyone has a sweet tooth. Prepare some pancakes and bulgogi. Ah, that should suffice, and don't worry, I'll lend a hand." Smiling in agreement, I embarked on the cooking journey. Soon, the dishes were ready, leaving only the task of setting the table.

**Taehyung's Pov**

Descending the stairs, engaged in the process of buttoning up my shirt, my attention diverted to the kitchen. Y/N, done with setting the table, was washing her hands. Spotting Eomma heading to her room while on the phone, I approached Y/N, tapping her shoulder. As she turned, surprise flashed in her eyes. Without a word, I handed her my tie, subtly conveying my request for assistance. She stepped closer, skillfully tying the knot, the concentration causing her lips to subtly pout. An unspoken desire to kiss her lingered, suppressed only by biting my lip. "It's done," she announced, smoothing out the creases on my shirt and looking up at me. A mistake, as our faces found themselves inches apart, her breath dancing over my lips. The moment lingered until an audible throat clearing disrupted the proximity. Y/N retreated, leaving me frustrated.

Turning around, Noona stood there with a teasing smile, commenting on our newfound status as lovebirds. Y/N, blushing, tried to clarify that we were merely dealing with the tie. She swiftly proceeded to the dining table, declaring that breakfast was ready.

We gathered around the dining table, ready for our meal. Dad occupied the main chair, Mom on his right, and Noona opposite them. Taehyung sat directly in front of Dad, and I had just finished serving everyone. My intention was to sit with Mom, but she intervened, insisting I join Taehyung. "No, no, no. You can't sit here. You should sit next to Tae, dear. Go on," she said, nudging me toward him. Reluctantly, I took the seat next to him, avoiding direct eye contact, still conscious of our almost-shared kiss.

All eyes turned to Dad as he initiated the meal. With the first bite, we all dove into our food. Mom complimented, "Woah, dear, you cook really well, don't you think, hon?" Dad nodded in agreement, praising, "It's delicious, daughter." His words brought a smile to my face. Noona, ever the playful one, turned to Taehyung, teasing, "Tae, aren't you going to compliment your wife's food?" I shifted my gaze to him, realizing he had already polished off his plate of Japchae, sparking laughter among us. I served him some more, and we continued our delightful meal.

Post the meal, Dad directed a question to Taehyung, "Tae, after going to the office today, are you taking leave?" My attention shifted to Taehyung, who affirmed, "Yes, Appa. I wasn't planning to go to the office, but something urgent came up. Don't worry; I'll take leave from next month. Y/N will also be free from office work then." Dad sought my confirmation, and I nodded. Taehyung then donned his coat, grabbed his bag, and headed toward the entrance. Mom signaled me to bid him goodbye.

"Taehyung!" I called out a bit louder, catching his attention. He seemed confused. "Ah, actually, I just came to say bye, and, um... drive safely," I stammered, uncertain about my words. To my surprise, he smiled and hugged me. Oh, my God! A literal hug, accompanied by a whisper in my ear with his deep voice, causing a shiver. "Take care of yourself. I'll try to come early, but call me if you need anything." He pecked my ear and left after a friendly wave.

Dumbfounded for the second time this morning, I stood there, then smiled, thinking that maybe this marriage could work and transcend beyond a mere contract.

If only I had discerned that it was not merely a contractual marriage but a meticulously laid trap, casting shadows over the very essence of our union.