Chapter 32: My heart

Start from the beginning

There he stood.

Seeing him again made me excited, just like it made me, on seeing him for the first time.

What on earth was happening to me?

The look in his eyes was making my heart race. I turned away but his gaze pulled me like a magnet and I found myself staring at him again. This time, his gaze was different.

While he was breathing heavily, I forgot to breathe for a moment. His deep blue eyes were like the waves of the ocean, powerful enough to pull me towards him.

I turned away, embarrassed and of course nervous. I scooted away so he could enter and when he did, No words were exchanged, just silence.

I closed the door and turned around only to get pinned by his majesty. He was standing close enough, with his hands on either side of me.

It was then, I noticed how messy his hair was, different from how I had seen it before he left. He sure ran his fingers a couple of times through them and under that bright moonlight he Looked even more handsome Than I had ever seen him.

But, why was he here?

"I guess, I'm here to tell you, I want to give you a chance. I will trust you but please, don't make me regret it. I don't think I can take it."

His eyes held honesty. With every word he spoke, he was giving me an unknown hope.

"What exactly changed, your majesty?" I grumbled, still looking at him.

My heart raced even more and I swear, he could clearly hear it as well.

"My heart… My heart wants me to trust you, no matter the consequences and I'm following it for the first time without having second thoughts."  He said, in his deep, husky, baritone voice.

I brought my hands up to his neck but stopped them midway, waiting for his approval. He in turn just gulped, nodding.

I glided them to the back of his neck. He sighed as my palm barely touched the base of his soft, baby hair. I pulled him in, closer to me, resting our foreheads against each other's. However, he kept staring back at me with the same intensity, same determination.

To know everything.

The thing I was going to do next, was energy draining but I trusted him enough to do it.

Brushing away the last thought, I closed my eyes, taking him to the locked up memories that happened in the past.

•°•°•°•°•°•

"Your coffee." I said, placing the cup on the glass table. Getting no reaction from him, I called him tugging his jacket.

He looked at me, completely puzzled. I motioned him towards the coffee.

He gave a light smile, even if it could be called as one. "Thank you, I needed that." He sipped it before leaving it back there.

"You okay now?"

"I'm fine, your majesty." I nodded, sinking back into the couch.

After our Little trip back into my memories, I was so weak that I had a nose bleed and fainted and fortunately he caught me soon enough.

"You still didn't tell me as to why you chose me over your brother?" His perfect brow shot up as he drummed his fingers on the empty space beside him.

"Well, I for one knew, he could never harm my brother. Which means, he could never hurt himself as he's the only one who's close to me. Either way, he could've hurt you. So, i had to take my chance to break down his damn ego there. He was so sure I would chose my brother over you, which I would have if this wasn't so complicated."

"You are awfully confident about the choker, aren't you? Because from what I thought, it isn't just a tracker."

Okay... What?

"How did you know, your majesty?"

He just shrugged. "I tend to notice things." He smirked.

"Yeah! You're right. That choker is a tracker and also some doesn't let him harm himself." He nodded.

We fell into a comfortable silence after that, as I slipped into my own thoughts. However, his light cough brought me back.

"So, had it been any other case, would you have chosen your brother over me?" He asked.

His question caught me off guard. I didn't give it much of a thought.

Whom would I have chosen? Him or my brother?

"Honestly your majesty, Yes, I would have chosen my brother and It's highly unlikely that you both will find yourselves in such a situation." I said, awkwardly turning away.

His visibly shocked expression said it all. He wasn't expecting that.

I couldn't put you in such situation. I will never. I'll make sure of it. That's one of reasons why staying away from you is necessary. I couldn't put your life in jeopardy.

"Then why did you turn away?"

I chuckled nervously, tucking the loose strands of my hair. "Nothing." I smiled, tight-lipped.

Taking our cups, i hurriedly stood up.

"Aspen…"

That was enough to stop me, dead in my tracks.

********

Hey guys!!!!!!! Thank you for giving my book a try... Sarangae 💜✨

Love 💕

Mikaelson

WC: 1348