Drenched in crimson.

Start from the beginning

"I forgot to mention. Dress nicely! Folks'll almost always take a person dressed nicely more serious than someone who ain't. I can tell ya that for certain!" Mimzy said. "You can definitely ask Al for some tips on dressin' fancy. He's got it mastered!" She laughed.

Sam laughed awkwardly while writing in his notes. "Heh... Yeah... Ask Alastor. Sure."

"Ya still don' trust him, do ya suga?" The woman asked, getting a little bit more serious. She didn't understand why Sam was having such a hard time trusting Alastor.

"No. I don't. I don't think I'll ever fully trust him really." The teen answered honestly, putting his pencil down.

"Look hun, I know we had this conversation before but there's no reason ya shouldn't trust him. Yes, what he does isn't ideal but he has done lots for you and yer' cute lil' sista." Mimzy said.

Samuel sighed. "I know he's done nice things for us but it's hard to trust someone who can do such horrible things. You're friends with him and you've known him for a while. You fully trust him because you know him well and are able to see past the serial killer side of him. But unlike you, I have a sister who doesn't fully understand what he's capable of doing to her, whom I have to watch out for. I just can't afford to look past such a detail." He explained.

Mimzy nodded in understanding. "Look I get it. More than ya think I do, truly."

"How?"

"I might have told ya but in case I haven't, I have an older sista' named Vivienne. I call 'er Vivzie. She's a wonder to have as a sis but she works with Al at the Radio Station, that's how I know him." She explained. "Though, I don't quite rememba how I came to know he killed folks, but I did somehow. The point is, I know what it's like havin' a sibling ya want to protect with all of yer' might. But there are sometimes where you have to understand what's good and what's bad. I know I've said this before but if I were you I'd stay put with Alasta'. He's done no wrong to ya. Y'all should at least give 'em a chance. He might just surprise ya."

"I suppose you're right. Like all the other times I've been advised to just let go. But- something is just stopping me... I don't know what and to be frank, it scares me a little." Sam said, leaning back in his chair and truly trying to get into his own mind.

Mimzy noticed this.

"And that's my point!" The woman exclaimed. "Ya can't think of any other reason besides Al bein' a killer. And that's 'cuz he hasn't done anythin' wrong to ya. I understand ya feel very off but ya need to calm down. It's much worse out on them dark streets. Wouldn' you agree?"

"Y-Yes but-"

"Then with all respect. Stop tryin' to escape. I heard yer plan the otha' day." Mimzy said.

Sam's eyes widened. He was right. She did hear it.

"O-Oh... h-how much of it d-did you hear?"

The woman smiled softly. "Only all of it."

"Y-You... you didn't tell Alastor, did you?" Sam asked, his heart pounding in his chest. Praying that she didn't spill his plans.

"Imma be honest with ya Sam. I thought 'bout it and almost did but... I wanted ta give ya a chance to change 'yer mind by yerself." Mimzy said, putting her hand on the boy's shoulder.

However, the silence was quickly broken by the sound of the front door opening and closing.

Mimzy seemed happy as she smiled "Looks like Al's back! Come on now." She said, walking towards the door.

Though, Sam hesitated. He looked at a small clock that was sitting above the lit fireplace. 11:48 pm... almost midnight. Sam hadn't even noticed how late it had gotten. Alastor got home a lot later than usual. That wasn't a very good sign. Not at all.