Bubblegum Bitch [Electra Heart] | Pastel! F.I. x Punk! Reader | (2/2)

Start from the beginning

As the anger finally cools down into something else—disappointment, but not sadness; not sadness—, I pull my phone up again, this time opening the browser, searching 'rent Reductionism in Art and Brain Science'. Maybe it won't cost me that much or maybe it'll work using some other people's resumes as reference with the hope the professor doesn't count it as plagiarism.

The thoughts honestly stick to my mind during the following lectures, slipping in between the moments of focus just to drown me in the terrible reality again. It shouldn't be that hard, right? I already knew what making a deal with Frank meant. I know his reputation, I knew this had chances to go wrong, but still. Fuck, why did he have to be like this? Things were going on so well in the beginning. He had to ruin everything.

"You're a little quiet, sugar." Gerard scoots a little closer, pulling me to the third option of reality—one that's not about being stuck in my thoughts or hyper focused on a task. "Is everything alright?"

I pause and swallow before I nod. Why does the situation have such an effect on me? It's as if something annoying and prickling buzzed under my skin continuously. "I just wanted to finish my assignment in peace. Hand in my assignment and it'd be fine."

"Is it really about it, though?" He raises an eyebrow, and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

A sigh escapes my lips as I lean into Gerard, pressing a kiss to his cheek because maybe then he'll avert his attention away from the subject. He smiles a little as he pulls me closer.

Even with Gerard by my side—the way he sometimes takes my hand in his or plays with my fingers a little is simply so lovely—, the lecture continues as torturing as the previous one had been, but with more intervals in which I'm not hyper focused or stuck in my own head. Things at least do feel a little better by the time I'm packing my stuff again. I should have stuck with Gerard for the whole day, but it doesn't matter now that we are heading to our dorm, with our arms hooked.

"We can watch something tonight, if it helps," Gerard suggests.

The idea of watching sounds good, like, having my mind off everything else for about two hours. Will I be able to truly focus on the movie, though?

"Can we just cuddle and listen to something?" I sigh softly, already trying to think about a good playlist or at least a few good songs for the occasion. "I think it would help me better."

A smile tugs on Gerard's lips as he nods. "Sure, sugar."

My ringtone brings me back to reality, feeling something digging into my hip at the same time I wonder why it's so dark until I remember I must've fallen asleep while talking nonsense with Gerard while we cuddled, so he's also responsible for digging his elbow into my hip. The song continues to play in a low but still audible volume until I press down on the green sign—while trying not to get blind by the screen brightness—and press the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I groan. What time is it, even?

"Hi!" Frank? "Just wanted to know I just listened to the voicemail and we can meet up today during our free hours so we can work on the book. Together because I haven't had time to do it yet and I was thinking we could figure it out! Is that okay for you?"

"Frank, I— What time is it, even?" I groan, rubbing my temple a little.

"It is..." He pauses. "One fifty-three. Anyways, is it fine for you?"

"Yeah, yeah," I breathe, "whatever. Just text me the... the time and shit, we'll meet up, 'kay?"

"Lovely! See you in the morning!" Frank makes a kissy sound that's followed by the sound of a concluded call; I hum. What the fuck? At least there still are a few hours left to sleep.