Chapter 27: Rin Uchiha [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: While editing this scroll I found some groove to get this chapter written and out, hopefully, the next one will be up soon but no promises.

There is Kakashi's ANBU Arc in the middle of the Fourth Shinobi World War: Climax Arc. This means I am way closer than I thought to finishing this arc. So, we'll see how this goes.

Anyways, for anyone interested if you have finished this scroll prior to Feb 14, 2022, the most changed chapters have been:

CH 13 - I just expanded Kakashi sharing his past with Rin.

CH 14 - Adjusted the "plan" with Neji and Ino.

CH 18 - A little more talking between Kakashi and Rin at the start of the chapter.

I am currently on CH 20 for edits and will let you know if any more chapters get major changes. Other than these two chapters, it has just very light edits.

Anyways, please enjoy!

**

Sasuke

Rin's chakra felt off, more than it did with what Madara had gifted her. It seemed to ebb and flow, spike and fall, and with it my stomach. It was a lot to take in, to see Itachi once again living, and to exist as the three of us. I couldn't remember the last time it had been the three of us that didn't end up in a fight.

"If you three ended the reanimation, then why are Itachi and Madara still here?" Jugo asked. I glanced at him, then back at Rin who was now laying on the ground with her hand in Itachi's. His chakra felt equally unbalanced, but I could see him channeling what little he had into Rin.

"Itachi is alive, by Rin's hand" I explained.

"What!?" Suigetsu shouted, but I continued choosing to ignore his outburst.

"As for Madara, Rin has reason to believe that he's not bound by normal jutsu laws. We have to stay ahead of him."

"Can we get back to Rin bringing Itach back from the dead?"

"No, why have you followed me?" I demanded. Suigetsu sighed, but reached into his cloak.

"We found something incredible at one of the hideouts. Here, take a look" I took the scroll from his hand, reading through it.

"Amazing isn't it? With this scroll Taka could take over the entire shinobi world!" Suigetsu was enthusiastic, but I knew what I could really use this scroll for. An idea that I knew Rin, and most likely Itachi would be pissed about, but as Rin insisted – we needed to start working together.

"I need to meet with someone, we'll have to get moving."

"Meet who?" Suigetsu asked.

"Orochimaru" I couldn't hear Suigetsu's surprise over Rin's outburst, and turned as she pushed aside Itachi's hands.

"Seriously!? I thought you killed him." She snapped.

"Don't you think it's possible that someone as tenacious as Orochimaru could be killed so easily?" I replied.

"I am not letting you use my jutsu to bring back him." Rin countered.

"I don't plan to, Orochimaru left his own contingencies."

"Sasuke, I-"

"I find him just as vile and repulsive as you do. I killed him for your sake as well my own, but I need him to do something for me." I argued.

"What could possibly be so important that Orochimaru is needed? I-I can pull a better jutsu than he can. I just need more time to recover." I sighed, kneeling to Rin's level when she tried to get up and Itachi once again stopped her. She shot him an annoyed glare, and for once it was nice not to be on the reciving end of her attitude.