Chapter 1

Blazefire headed to the camp entrance. Everything was quiet. Even the birds seemed to stop their lovely song. It's like the earth stopped moving for a second. Then it seemed to know where it needs to be. The camp was busy with excitement. I wonder what's going on? She thought. And went to see what the clutter was about. Then she remembered. A kit was going to be made an apprentice. Cloverstar sat on the Pointed stones as she called out the familiar words to start a meeting. Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath Pointed stones! As the clan began to gather, she said, it's time that a kit is to be made apprentice, minnowkit, from this day forward, until you have received your warrior name, you shall be known as minnowpaw! Your clan welcomes you as an apprentice. Blazefire, you are known for your courage and your enthusiasm, your apprentice will be minnowpaw. Minnowpaw! Minnowpaw! Minnowpaw! The clan cheered her new name. Blazefire sat their for a minute, not knowing if she heard the right name. Until Cloverstar said, are you going to sit their all day like a stone. Get moving! As Minnowpaw came up to her she asked, are you going to show me willowclans territory? Yes. she answered to her new apprentice. Minnowpaw did a tiny little bounce and said, yay! Come on! As they slid out of the bramble tunnel she said, I'm going to show you the training hollow first. Yes! Minnowpaw said. As they came closer she said to Minnowpaw, ok I'm going to train you for a while to see what skills you need to work on, ok? Ok Blazefire. Minnowpaw answered. I'm going to be the Fox, and your going to try and get me, got it? Yeah, said Minnowpaw. As she crouched into a battle crouch, she stalked forward, tail tip on the ground but not touching it. She put her paws slowly forward, barely making a sound. Then unexpectedly, she jumped. Then not knowing where she was going to land she stepped backward, and a heartbeat later she landed right on top of her! Great job, Minnowpaw! Blazefire praised. Minnowpaw blushed. As they headed back to camp, it was passed sunhigh! I'm going to going to show you the rest of the territory tomorrow. Blazefire said to her apprentice. Then I'm going to show you how to hunt! Yes! Said Minnowpaw. Your the best mentor ever!