Chapter 10

The following hours were, blurry to say the least. Later informed of the "deal", Bucciarati had gathered a hefty sum of money to give you, on the house, to disappear.

You told him about the events, and saw a slight glimmer of respect and surprise in his blue eyes. Yet no words.

What did he think about it? You couldn't tell as he no longer had a lot of trust in you. This hurt as well.

The past months had been rough to you, to say the least : so taking an abrupt leave was the icing on the cake.

Escorted in the coldest way possible, you went back to your previous apartment.

You had a few days to gather your things and leave, at least in the north of the country if not in Switzerland or France.

- (y/n), it is now a matter of safety that you leave within this week, for both you and my own men, said Bucciarati.

Deep down he felt very uneasy : the boss was okay with his team being dismantled, changed.

He was a man of loyalty, but questions now started to arise.

Startled, you remained silent and locked up in your previous home, feeling out of place.

How could you live normally and return to civilian life just like that?

You were wearing your old clothes, using your old suitcase, everything old but your perception, abilities and worldview. Would you return to school? Work again?

5 days had passed in a second, where you were quiet as a mouse, staying inside.

The afternoon was going smoothly : stuck on your chair yet fully dressed, you couldn't move and finally leave.

Even the lodgers knew you were around "dangerous people" and didn't bother you at all out of fear.

You then found yourself looking out the window, searching for the pier, like your first day with... Nevermind.

The symptoms were familiar : you were getting depressed. The monster of depression had caught you again. Where was the serotonin? Where was Mista? The two elements, were now, as you thought, correlated.

Man, too bad you didn't even get to spend time with him in a normal setting, just bonding.

Unconsciously motivated by the idea of stumbling upon him, you got up and outside.. Who knew... Hiding your face a bit, you closed the door behind.

To be honest, feeling the sun on your face, the slight breeze in your red dress was serotonin-inducing in its own way...

Without even thinking, you got back to your old workplace, with the foodtruck in sight. Why not order something, even?

You felt your sleeve getting pulled.

- You didn't leave yet?

The voice was familiar. The faint plane noise around too.

- Narancia! You almost screamed.
- Wow don't speak that loud!
- I'm so sorry, I never meant for him to go like this...
- shush!!

He looked around and around.

- I was stationed at your place and.. Started the teen.
- On Bruno's order!?
- No... Our own... Me and Fugo share our time watching over, we are pretty worried, and ensuring nobody else comes. After what La Squadra did, no trust anymore. We're still organizing everything on our part.
- What do you mean...?
- Don't worry, we said you weren't here anymore.
- What?¿?