Chapter 1

Out of all the sights you had seen, this particular vision almost seemed the most beautiful of all. This thought came to you, as you could not look away.

You couldn't move either, as the room you had woken up in was small, and absolutely unknown to you. How had this happened? Right now, you didn't know, you just knew that the sun setting on Naples was a sight to behold.

- Care to tell anything?

Caught off guard, you turned around only to see two men, young, with quite special attire. One wore a short blue sweater, a matching hat, with red details, and the other a suit riddled with holes, which struck you as odd.

- Now we know it's very noble of you to keep quiet and not snitch but it might not be your best bet, as of now, said the blond one in his suit.

- Just keep it simple, name, age, occupation, name of your EMPLOYER... emphasized the other one, as he looked, unbothered, to his gun.

- (y/n), (l/n)... I'm 19...I just work part time in a food truck for tourists, maybe we've seen each other bef...

As you were about to speak, the one in the suit slammed the table in front of you and said, calm in appearance but with anger in his voice :

- Just give us your boss' name. Whoever sent you must have known that Passione had some.. situations to handle. That is a very serious matter. Today Illuso, tomorrow, Bucciarati, or who knows, even someone higher.

All those names were confusing... Your expression, which you couldn't control, unsettled them. Despite your fear and your meddled words, you seemed sincere. Were you that good at acting?

- If anything, Fugo, we should tell Bucciarati that it might be longer than expected, said the shooter looking guy, rolling his eyes.

So "Fugo" with a spark of annoyance in his eye, left, rather politely.

- So... (y/n) said the other guy. Guess you want to be here even longer, I'm flattered you enjoy our company that much.

- Why I am even here?

He looked a little surprised.

- Ah, maybe Abbachio went a little too hard. Please, pat the back of your head and tell me how it is.

Your right hand slowly rose from the nape of your neck to the top of your head, in a steady and rather gracious movement, as you feared moving too fast.

His dark eyes were following your every move, as he stayed motionless, quite curious in fact.

But the bump you finally felt made you gasp, and he broke his own silence as well.

- Please excuse Abbachio. He has certainly learned how to stop someone fast in the police. I wouldn't know, the mafiosi don't like to resort to savage means if that's unnecessary, he said, jokingly.

But now was not a time to laugh, and the smile quickly vanished from his face.

- Please, are you.. I don't know, this Abbachio, Bucciarati..? Did you abduct me? You asked.

- we did.

- but why?!

- Hold up, saying slow down in a typically Italian gesture. Why did you knock down one of our guys with your stand, in public?

This went on for a few minutes, as it was clear that you didn't know, and he didn't know you didn't know, etc etc.

- Look, I don't have all day, said the man.