Chapter 42

Previously on Chapter 41

"Why are you ignoring me?" I said again because he's not saying anything. I feel his arms tightening around me. Then I hear him let out a silent.

"Because...

-His Reason-

Gaara P.O.V

"I know why... but what I don't know is, who made you do this?" She said. She looks at me in the eyes. I can see the desperation in them. I have to tell her... I don't want to hide anything from her anymore.

I lift my hand and gently place it on her cheek. "I'm sorry, Y/N..." I said. "Will you tell me who made you do it?" She asked. I just nod my head. She stay silent as she stares at me, waiting for me to say something.

I let out a sigh and turn to lay on my back, staring at the ceiling. "It was about a month after you got that curse..." I start to talk.

Flashback

I was starting to feel restless, because Y/N's slowly getting worse. She couldn't control her body to the point she would start acting up every few minutes. It pained me more than anything to see her in such condition.

I was sitting in my office. When someone enters the room, without even knocking. I looked up and my eyes widened when I realized who it was. I stood up on my spot, glaring at the person in front of me.

"What are you doing here? And how do you even got here?" I said, glaring at him. He smirks at me. "It was easy to walk through all of your guards..." he said, in a stoic voice. I just glared at him. The sand around me started to move.

"Relax... I'm not here for a fight" he said. "What do you want??" I spat. "I'm offering you an offer..." he said. "What offer?" I demanded. He gave me a cold gaze. "Your wife's freedom... under one condition..." he said.

"Start talking" I said. "I'll let your wife be free from the curse. But you have to leave her" he said. "Are you out of your mind? What makes you think I'll leave Y/N?" I said. "Oh... it's not like you have a choice. You know fully well if she's under the control of the curse. She can be commanded to do anything. Including... ending her own life. Is that what you want?" He said. He hits a button... and he knows it. He knows that I'll do anything if it meant Y/N could be safe.

"Why are you doing this anyway?" I said, sitting down on my chair. "Because my brother loves her. It's the only thing I can do after everything I have done to him. I just want my brother to be happy..." he said. "So... you tried to tear me and Y/N up. Just so your brother can have her?? You must be out of your mind!" I said, glaring at him.

"Your choice. Either you let her go, so my brother can replace you in her heart. That... or watch her suffer with the curse, which will slowly ended up killing her painfully..." he said, emphasizing the word 'painfully,' to pressurized me.

I clenched my hands into a tight fists. I don't want to see Y/N hurting. Especially not losing her life. I don't want to lose her that way. Looks like I don't have a choice. I'm so sorry, Y/N... I love you.

"Do we have a deal, Lord Kazekage?" He said, after I stayed silent. I bit my lips, trying not to show any emotion in front of him. I turned to look at him in the eyes. "Fine, you have a deal...

Uchiha Itachi

End of Flashback

I turn to look at Y/N for her reaction. She looks in shock, while staring at the ceiling. I can tell that this revelation is too much for her to take in. I bit my lips nervously.

"Y/N... say something, please" I said, breaking the silence. She blinks her eyes and stare at me. "So... it was Itachi who did all of this?" She said. I nod my head.

Y/N P.O.V

I can't believe it. It was all Itachi's doing? He gave me that curse. So he can use it as a weapon to give Gaara an ultimatum. He made Gaara chose between me and my freedom.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N... please, I don't have a choice. I don't want to see you suffer from the curse, or end up dying from it. It hurts me more than anything to do all of that horrible acts towards you. But I just want to see you free..." he said, begging me for my forgiveness. He holds both of my hands close to his chest, looking at me pleadingly.

I gently remove my hand from his grasps. He looks sadden by this, thinking I'm not going to forgive him. I scoot closer to him, kneeling on my knees on the bed. I wrap my arms around his neck. He leans his head against my chest.

"Shh... I understand why you did it, Gaara. I won't blame you..." I said. I lean down and place a soft kiss on his red hair. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"I love you so much, Y/N... believe me, it hurts more than anything for me to watch you walk away from my life" he said. His voice cracks a little as he cries softly as he said those words.

"I believe you. I love you too, Gaara. So much..." I said. I move to lay down. He scoots closer to me, burying his face into the crook of my neck. I lift my hand, placing it on his head caressing his hair softly.

"Don't ever ignore me again, okay? I'd much rather lose myself than lose you..." I said. "I'm sorry, love. I just can't stand seeing you that way..." he said again. "Shh... stop apologizing. I understand now, Gaara. Just promise me you won't ignore me" I said, softly. He just tightens his arms on my waist.

"I promise, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly and hugs him closer. He snuggles closer into my embrace. I continue to caress his hair. Soon enough, I can hear a soft snore coming from him.

I pull away slightly to see Gaara have fallen asleep. I let out a sigh. 'He didn't even eat yet...' I thought to myself. But I just decide to let him sleep, because he needs to rest. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*

A/N: the secret have been revealed! It was all Itachi's doing! He did that to redeem himself for what he did in the past to Sasuke and the rest of the Uchiha. Kind of twisted... but well, seems he didn't have any other way. So, what do you think? Let me know in the comment!

Thank you so much for reading! Please keep supporting me! See you next time!! Love ya~