"Hey bro what the fuck are you doing?!" He rages at me, raising his voice. Sam just stands there wide eyed.

"You really think I'm just gonna sit around and let you share videos of your boyfriend in bed? And on top of this find out that you both had some elaborate plan to injure George during practice." My gaze shifts between them, my blood boiling as they remain silent. "What the fuck is wrong with you guys? I could have you suspended, no expelled!"

"Why do you care so much? Its George we are talking about Clay, out of all people I would think you would be the one to enjoy hearing something like this" Braden answers baffled by my actions, he walks closer to me and tries to grab his phone out of my hand but I'm quick to pull it back, tightening my grip on it and now holding it over my head. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't break your phone right now" I reply furiously. 

"Look man, I didn't know you and George were so close now, sorry for upsetting you" He innocently puts his hands up in the air, acting apologetic. 

I can see through his dumb act. "We aren't close, I just don't think he deserves a scumbag of a boyfriend like you" I spit back, his comments start getting to me and in one swift motion I throw his phone against the concrete, shattering it in pieces. He gasps.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" He screams and pushes me against the wall, keeping hold on my collar. I smirk down at him, knowing I successfully got under his skin. "You know what Clay, I think you're jealous." He masks his anger with manipulation, trying to get back at me. "Please" I scoff and push him off of me. He stumbles back a bit. "Me? Jealous of you?" I continue with sarcastic undertones, laughing in between words. 

"Yeah, I think you're jealous I have George allllll to myself" He smirks and approaches me once again, "ever since you found out about George and I, we barely talk anymore. We used to be close Clay. We used to play video games all the time and go out to play football just the two of us, so what happened? You mad that someone else gets to play with your George?" He looks up at me and I want to slap that stupid grin off his face. Who the fuck does he think he is talking to like that? "Cause I remember how much you used to bring him up, you would claim your relentless flirting was just bickering, and I know you secretly loathe the fact that George hates you for it. Does it hurt that in the end, he picked me over you?" He drags his finger down his cheek as if a tear was falling down his face, while pouting sarcastically. Being fed up with this whole conversation, in one hasty swoop, I grab him and push him, making him hit his head against the wall.

I snarl and look down at him, as I say something I regret the minute it comes out of my mouth, "maybe I do like him just a bit. But anyways, he may be your boyfriend, but he was a damn good kisser Friday night. I guess you just weren't doing it for him anymore, I mean all the abuse must have finally got to him" I drop my hold on him and he sinks into the wall. My gaze flicks over to Sam and he is standing there, awestruck at my confession. 

"What the fuck are you talking about? And how do you know about that" He breathes out, his bewilderedness apparent. 

I disregard his questions, "Have a good day boys!" I stick my hand out, gesturing them to leave the changeroom so I can finally head home. "Oh and Braden, if you lay so much as a finger on him unwanted, I will make sure to not only tell the principal about your actions which Sam and Nick will vouch for, but I will also tell coach about you and Sam's little arrangement" I give him a cheeky smile and he rolls his eyes keeping quiet, walking out of the room hanging his head low in defeat. "Whatever, you used to be so much more fun Clay" he mumbles under his breath, but I shrug the comment off not letting someone as cynical as Braden get to me any longer. Sam slowly trails behind him and whispers to me before leaving, "Sorry Clay, I really didn't want to hurt George its just money's tight at home and I need it to pay my mom's medical bills" he keeps his gaze on the floor and my heart drops. I've known Sam for awhile and have been aware of his living situations, so I understand where he was coming from.

"Look, I understand Sam but that's not the way to do it, you could have ruined his future" I say softly and he nods, beat up by his own decisions. He stays silent, I take a deep breath and continue, "you know what, my dad found me this job at the Community Centre just across the street from school, its good hours. I can put a good word in for you." I put my hand on his shoulder, and he looks up at me with hopeful eyes, "You'll do that for me?" he replies sincerely. 

"Of course" I smile, "I don't need the job anyway" 

He pulls me into a bear hug and I can't help but laugh at his excitement, "Thank you so much you don't understand how much this means to me!" His grateful voice echoes through the room. 

"Anytime man, just promise me you won't pull that shit again" I warn, keeping my tone light. He responds with a nod. "Alright now get out! I want to go home" 

He laughs and nods once again, muttering another thanks before turning and leaving the room. I let out a content breath and run my hand over my face, replaying the events that had just came about. 

My mind drifts back to the nasty things Braden had said about George, and the claims he made about me liking him. My eyes widen when I remember back to what I had said to him, "maybe I do like him just a bit. But anyways, he may be your boyfriend, but he was a damn good kisser Friday night. I guess you just weren't doing it for him anymore, I mean all the abuse must have finally got to him"

I don't know why I said that, I guess it was in the heat of the moment. Yeah most of it was true, saying George was a good kisser was a bit of an understatement, but surely I don't like him. 

Right? 

I mean Braden was spewing nonsense when he was talking about when we used to be friends and how I would constantly bring George's name up. I guess I did distance myself from him a bit, but I don't know if the reason was necessarily relevant to George. 

I couldn't tell you why I did it though. 

Maybe I just got tired of Braden being such a yes man, I mean clearly  he has changed now. 

I don't know what I feel, the only thing I know is that I wouldn't be opposed to hearing those noises that were coming through the phone, but I was the cause of them. I find myself replaying the clip in my mind, it sounded forced I have to admit. 

Or maybe that's just what I want to hear. 

I guess I do kind of like him. 

1946 words...