Skipping Class

Sitting in the common room early in the morning, tears streaming down my face. I was up before anyone else because of nightmares. They were so exhausting, almost every night I woke up, my body soaked with sweat. I couldn’t even place what was so terrifying about the nightmares. I hadn’t been through any significant trauma. The war is going on but I haven’t ever been directly involved in battles. I was just a pretty much normal boy in 6th year. I studied and hung out with my friends and boyfriend regularly. It just didn’t make sense. The war couldn’t possibly be affecting me that much to the point I was having nightmares.

“Why are you up so early y/n? Is everything ok?” Remus came up behind my chair and let his arms dangle gently over my head.

I wiped my tears away and looked up at my boyfriend. He looked amazing in the dim light of the small common room fire. The light was hitting his deep brown eyes perfectly. His gentle features and scars were illuminated by the fire in all the right places. He was beautiful.

“I just couldn’t sleep, nightmares.” I said in a whisper.

“Can I join you out here then?”

“I think I’d like that.” I smiled weakly and scooted over in the squishy armchair and patted the spot next to me. He sat down and wrapped his arms around me. His hugs were always so comforting and warm. I immediately melted against him and snuggled my face into his shoulder. I felt safe and I began to cry. Letting the nightmare dissipate into mere tears.

“You’re not going to classes today.” Remus pulled me off of him slightly so he could look at my face. “I’m going to stay with you and make sure you cheer up.”

“No, Rem, you would miss so much.”

“I don’t care, my boyfriend is more important, besides I can copy notes from Peter or Lily.”

“Are you sure?”

“Very.” He kissed my forehead and pulled me back into a tight hug. “Now, you should try to get some sleep, do you wanna come back to my dorm with me, cuddle in my bed?”

“Yeah.” I pulled out of the hug and smiled at Remus before kissing him gently.

He smiled back at me, “C’mon then.” He pulled me up and out of the chair to his dorm. James, Sirius, and Peter were all still sleeping.

“They’re never gonna stop teasing us when they wake up to find us asleep in the same bed.” I laughed and shook my head at his sleeping friends. I slipped my shirt off and tossed it on the floor. Remus did the same.

“Eh, I can take it.” Remus pulled his rumpled blankets back and gestured for me to climb in the bed. I did and he was quick to follow. He pulled me close to him and nuzzled his face into my shoulder blades. “I love you y/n.”

“I love you too.”

We fell asleep for a few more hours before James and Sirius’ bickering finally woke us up.

I sat up and rubbed my face, I had slept well and without nightmares. Remus awoke with a yawn shortly after me and a blush came across his face at the realization that his friends found us in the same bed.

“Well look at you two love birds.” James commented with a smirk.

“Had a fun night did you?” Sirius laughed.

“Could you two shut it? Nothing like that happened. We just fell asleep together.” Remus said, embarrassed at his friends’ comments.

“Right, and I’m in a secret society for goblin warfare.” Sirius said with a laugh and a wink.

“Get your ass down to breakfast. Me and y/n are skipping today.”

“Oh so you get to skip and we’re excluded?”