Maybe That We Were Boyfriends?

AN- I got the inspiration to write this by the way I asked my now boyfriend out. So glad I did. (You should go read his things btw IkeaMann) Enjoy!

I joined Remus in the library. I had just gotten back from quidditch practice. I was going to study with him for an upcoming transfiguration exam. He had already sat down with a pile of books and parchment. I walked over to him and collapsed in the seat next to him. I heaved a sigh and looked at him. Merlin, he looked amazing. His blonde curls falling around his face perfectly, his slender hands folded neatly in his lap. His brown eyes were so magnificent. I couldn't help my staring.

He had his eyebrow raised. "Everything alright?"

I went red. "I- yeah- um…"

Remus just laughed at me. "Let's get started then, shall we?"

I gave him a smile and took a book from the stack, signalling I was ready to begin studying.

~

We sat in the library for a few hours studying. Afterwards, we just put our books away and went for a walk by the great lake.

I started to joke with Remus. "You're kinda short ya'know." I knew Remus was not short but I was taller than him so it was fun to mess with him.

"I am not. You're shorter than I am."

"I find that offensive." I said sarcastically. "You are definitely shorter than me." I elbowed him playfully in the ribs. He tried to withhold a smile and put on a fake frown. "Don't worry, I think it's adorable." I went red. I didn't believe I just said that.

Remus couldn't get any words out. He just blushed and continued letting me ramble on.

"I guess it's really obvious I like you now?"

Remus looked at me and smiled. "Very." We kept walking without saying much until he spoke again. "I don't know what to say now."

"Why's that?"

"Maybe because of you. Merlin, you're a dork."

"Well, if it's my fault, I see no problem with that."

"Neither do I." Remus shrugged.

He didn't see the look on my face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well- something…"

"Can I take a stab at the meaning then?"

"Go for it."

"Ok, there's a few options here." I took in a breath, nervous about what I was about to suggest. "First option, you like me and enjoy flirting. Second option, you view me as only a friend and enjoy the gay platonic flirting."

Remus stopped walking and looked me directly in my eyes. "Definitely option one." He blushed.

"See, you're adorable."

He went an even deeper shade of red. "I still don't know what to say."

"I'm almost proud it's because of me."

Remus just laughed. He took a seat under a tree by the lake, I did the same, sitting closer to him than I normally would. The sun was almost fully set now, dark was falling upon the grounds. The moon and stars would fill the sky soon.

"What are we supposed to do with this information now?" I asked the blonde boy.

"I dunno." He shrugged and picked at the grass. He was visibly nervous.

I leaned closer to him and spoke. "I know what to do with it."

Remus leaned in too. "And what is that?"

"Maybe that we were boyfriends?" I leaned closer and spoke softly.

"Mhm." Remus closed the small gap and rested his forehead against mine.

"Is that a yes?"
"Yes."

I smiled and blushed. Remus Lupin was my boyfriend. All mine, finally. "Now I don't know what to say."

"So don't say anything at all." Finishing his sentence, Remus held my cheek in his hand and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

I draped my arms around his neck and kissed back. His lips were so soft and he was so warm. I didn't want to leave this moment but he pulled away and rested his forehead on mine once again. His hand was resting on my thigh.

"So we're boyfriends?" I asked.

"Boyfriends." He replied.